Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The official Denver International Airport Free Wi-Fi thread

I am currently enjoying the sweet, sweet savor of free wireless!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Overrated.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Orlando wifi rocks. Faster than my house, and easy log on.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

While still free, I can no longer say the Denver Wi-Fi is excellent. It's slow and keeps kicking me off today. I've had to re-login 3 times in the last 10 minutes.

Breakfast was crappy too. Had the ham, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich from Woody Creek Bakery and Café in the upper level of Concourse B, finished and wished I'd grabbed something from McDonald's downstairs.

- Depressed in Denver.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Quiznos really makes this terminal stink. Wi-fi is great.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Princeps Inter Pares

Checking in.

TSA prescreen was a dream, especially with a baby. Kept shoes on, didn't have to take out camera.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Just enjoyed some chicken potstickers from City Wok. The food was what you would expect but the service was exceptional. The wifi seems adequate.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    Just enjoyed some chicken potstickers from City Wok. The food was what you would expect but the service was exceptional. The wifi seems adequate.
    you going to be there this Saturday morning by any chance?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    you going to be there this Saturday morning by any chance?
    Nope. I will be back on Monday afternoon. Is there anything I can pick up for you then?

Also, the NDSU track and field team just boarded a flight to SF. Two things: I am the size of 2.5-3 of the boys. Secondly, the girls like to flaunt their track and field bodies :rawr:
    I'm your huckleberry.

The Syracuse woman's lacrosse team > NDSU girls t&f

Go Orange!
    I'm your huckleberry.

This wifi is like a good woman: fast and free.

I am enjoying an extended period of wi fi usage here in Denver while sitting in a SWA 737 at a gate. Why, you ask, are we sitting at the gate instead of flying? Because some genius on the ground crew over filled the fuel
    tanks and we are overweight by 5000 lbs. and the truck that can pump it out of the tanks can't right now because it is already full and must fuel some other plane before it can help us.

But at least the wifi is free.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I am enjoying an extended period of wi fi usage here in Denver while sitting in a SWA 737 at a gate. Why, you ask, are we sitting at the gate instead of flying? Because some genius on the ground crew over filled the fuel
    tanks and we are overweight by 5000 lbs. and the truck that can pump it out of the tanks can't right now because it is already full and must fuel some other plane before it can help us.

But at least the wifi is free.
    And like PAC, you were out of harm's way during the earthquake. Thank goodness.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    And like PAC, you were out of harm's way during the earthquake. Thank goodness.
    True, but my family was home. BUt all is well I am told.
    Last edited by creekster; 08-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

If you happen to be in a different airport....LAX, JFK, LAS, ORD......using wi-fi, I would ask that you not post about it here. Start your own thread.
    As PDX was not specifically listed I feel I can post here.

Just a couple of typical Portlanders easing through security.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Boom, first post!!

Enjoying a burrito at the Mesa Verde
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

No groping stories from Denver -- I guess nobody on CS is that attractive.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/travel...ngs/index.html

Here's how police say the scheme worked: When the male TSA officer noticed a man he found attractive, he would alert a female TSA officer.

The female officer would then tell the screening machine that a female passenger -- not a male -- was walking through. And that information would trigger a machine to register an anomaly in the groin area, prompting the male TSA officer to pat down the passenger, police said, citing a TSA investigation.

But during the patdown, the male TSA officer used the palms of his hands to touch the passenger's front groin area and buttocks, which violates TSA policy.

you better have a f***ing good reason for posting this in the free wi-fi thread.

Just want to warn people that even though the glorious Denver Wi-Fi is ostensibly free, the price you pay might be letting a gay guy grab your junk. I owed it to CS as a public service.

ok.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Just want to warn people that even though the glorious Denver Wi-Fi is ostensibly free, the price you pay might be letting a gay guy grab your junk. I owed it to CS as a public service.
    I've flown through Denver multiple times and have never been groped. But then, even if the guy's co-conspirator set the machine to "female", it's possible the machine still failed to detect any anomaly in my nether regions.

Princeps Inter Pares

At the DIA. Security line was out the door and wrapping around the baggage carousel. I missed my flight and am now booking an early morning flight landing in my destination city twenty minutes before I am supposed to be at an orientation meeting. Some way to start a new job.

tsa pre check. $80 or so for years of happiness and joy.

Princeps Inter Pares

Yeah. Precheck had literally nobody in the line.

Looks like I'll be on the Denver wifi all night.

Looks like it lasts 5 years, but it's not nearly so cheap anymore. It's up to $85. You'd need Lebowski money to afford that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Looks like it lasts 5 years, but it's not nearly so cheap anymore. It's up to $85. You'd need Lebowski money to afford that.
    I followed DDD's lead and got TSA Pre-Check status earlier this year. Worth every single penny.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I don't think we've ever paid for TSA Pre, but it shows up on almost every ticket we've purchased the last couple of years. I don't know if it's our ages (early 60s), or just the fact that we look like we wouldn't be a threat to anyone. Regardless, it's most excellent to whip through checkpoint and not take out computers or remove shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I don't think we've ever paid for TSA Pre, but it shows up on almost every ticket we've purchased the last couple of years. I don't know if it's our ages (early 60s), or just the fact that we look like we wouldn't be a threat to anyone. Regardless, it's most excellent to whip through checkpoint and not take out computers or remove shoes.
    If you fly often and on the same airline and opt into the pre-check program you will receive pre-check more often than not. I get it all the time on United and southwest. Rarely if ever on other airlines. I have never gotten oficial status but I get it on about 75% of my flights.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Or you could just have preferred status with the airlines

I've flown enough segments that I have premier status on United. I don't think I could stand to wait in the normal person line anymore after breezing through the airport every time.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

How about Global Entry? Does it significantly speed up the immigration process? If so, I'm thinking of getting it (and the Pre-check benefits that go along with it).
    Not that, sickos.