Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom, first post!!

Enjoying a burrito at the Mesa Verde
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

No groping stories from Denver -- I guess nobody on CS is that attractive.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/travel...ngs/index.html

Here's how police say the scheme worked: When the male TSA officer noticed a man he found attractive, he would alert a female TSA officer.

The female officer would then tell the screening machine that a female passenger -- not a male -- was walking through. And that information would trigger a machine to register an anomaly in the groin area, prompting the male TSA officer to pat down the passenger, police said, citing a TSA investigation.

But during the patdown, the male TSA officer used the palms of his hands to touch the passenger's front groin area and buttocks, which violates TSA policy.

Comment

you better have a f***ing good reason for posting this in the free wi-fi thread.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Just want to warn people that even though the glorious Denver Wi-Fi is ostensibly free, the price you pay might be letting a gay guy grab your junk. I owed it to CS as a public service.

Comment

ok.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Just want to warn people that even though the glorious Denver Wi-Fi is ostensibly free, the price you pay might be letting a gay guy grab your junk. I owed it to CS as a public service.
              I've flown through Denver multiple times and have never been groped. But then, even if the guy's co-conspirator set the machine to "female", it's possible the machine still failed to detect any anomaly in my nether regions.

Comment

At the DIA. Security line was out the door and wrapping around the baggage carousel. I missed my flight and am now booking an early morning flight landing in my destination city twenty minutes before I am supposed to be at an orientation meeting. Some way to start a new job.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

tsa pre check. $80 or so for years of happiness and joy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Yeah. Precheck had literally nobody in the line.

Looks like I'll be on the Denver wifi all night.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Looks like it lasts 5 years, but it's not nearly so cheap anymore. It's up to $85. You'd need Lebowski money to afford that.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Looks like it lasts 5 years, but it's not nearly so cheap anymore. It's up to $85. You'd need Lebowski money to afford that.
                        I followed DDD's lead and got TSA Pre-Check status earlier this year. Worth every single penny.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I don't think we've ever paid for TSA Pre, but it shows up on almost every ticket we've purchased the last couple of years. I don't know if it's our ages (early 60s), or just the fact that we look like we wouldn't be a threat to anyone. Regardless, it's most excellent to whip through checkpoint and not take out computers or remove shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            I don't think we've ever paid for TSA Pre, but it shows up on almost every ticket we've purchased the last couple of years. I don't know if it's our ages (early 60s), or just the fact that we look like we wouldn't be a threat to anyone. Regardless, it's most excellent to whip through checkpoint and not take out computers or remove shoes.
                            If you fly often and on the same airline and opt into the pre-check program you will receive pre-check more often than not. I get it all the time on United and southwest. Rarely if ever on other airlines. I have never gotten oficial status but I get it on about 75% of my flights.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Or you could just have preferred status with the airlines

I've flown enough segments that I have premier status on United. I don't think I could stand to wait in the normal person line anymore after breezing through the airport every time.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

How about Global Entry? Does it significantly speed up the immigration process? If so, I'm thinking of getting it (and the Pre-check benefits that go along with it).
                                Not that, sickos.

Comment

Working...
                                X