The official Denver International Airport Free Wi-Fi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
    Airport shopping: explain this to me. I understand late-night infomercials--hoping you're under the influence of, at least, fatigue to lure you into a purchase--and day-time TV personal-injury ads. Is airport marketing purely guilt-based? Hey, you, did you forget to get something for the grandkids? Been away from your family more than you've been with them this month? Buy these Bronco Crocs, and all will be forgiven.
    Or the gadget that organizes your receipts. That one's always for sale in airports.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Anyone going to be here today? I'm getting pumped for the free wi-fi!
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Anyone going to be here today? I'm getting pumped for the free wi-fi!
        I'll be at the Dayton International Airport today where there are two different free Wi-Fi options. You could go with airport provided or coffee shop provided (my preference).

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I'll be at the Dayton International Airport today where there are two different free Wi-Fi options. You could go with airport provided or coffee shop provided (my preference).

http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=1

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, bro. Threadjacking is a way of life here on the www.cougaruteforum.com. If you can't keep up, best you find a different internet home.

Comment

Wow, what a letdown. Free wi fi at Denver airport has really gone downhill. Very laggy and permanent ad banner across the top of the screen while you surf.

I knew I shouldn't have posted about this airport because now the secret is out and people are coming here to hog the bandwidth.

Rode the train between terminals a couple of times and also checked out the Crocs store. Think I'm going to chill until my flight. If anyone else is routing through this airport in the next 45 mins, send me a PM. Would be fun to meet up and say hello.

sigpic

Comment

Charlotte has free wi-fi, Bojangles and rocking chairs, so if you're looking for a good layover, stop on by.
                I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

I'll be sure to report in on Minneapolis-St. Paul WiFi tomorrow. Actually I'll proably forget. I just wanted to further pollute this thread with discussion of non-DIA airport Wi-Fi.

On a semi but not really related note, my uncle was a Civil Engineer for the FAA. DIA was his last big project before retiring. So as you zoom around on those trains between terminals, etc. and admire the engineering, thank my Uncle! Actually I have no idea what an FAA Engineer would have done on the project. Oversight?
                  "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I'm happy to report that a) MSP does appear to have Free Public WiFi and b) I remembered to post that here.

Sadly, I cannot vouch for its quality as I am partaking of the free WiFi in the Delta SkyClub.

If anybody is in MSP for thext 15 minutes, let's hang out!
                    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I owe everyone, esp DIA, a huge apology. Earlier, I spoke disparagingly about the free wi fi at the airport. Im here to tell you all that I spoke rashly and out of turn. The wi fi here is as free and as fast as ever. I'm afraid my hasty hate speech may have caused some of you to re route or even altogether cancel preexisting travel plans to or through DIA.

I guess I'm posting this because I consider you all friends and I am asking for help. The next time I post negatively about the free wi fi at DIA, someone please challenge my thinking, question my rationale.

"If the free wi fi at DIA is so awful, how are you posting to us all right now, TripletDaddy? how is this possible with such "awful" free wi fi, that's what I'd like to know?" oh, how I wish I had heard those words 2 days ago when I needed to hear them most.

I'm so sorry, everyone.

sigpic

Comment

What was the source of your prior poor review? There had to be some reason, and I know it wasn't anger over the loss because you were on your way to the game when you posted it. I think we all deserve a little more information here.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I can't speak for everyone here, but I accept DDD's apology.

Comment

Mixed reviews today for the free wi fi at DEN. The ad banner is gone, which is a huge plus. However, it doesn't seem very fast. Last time I was here, it took awhile for things to speed up. I'm hopeful to experience a similar phenomenon this time.

Des anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Terminal B? I've done most of the typical touristy stuff many times (food court, crocs store, Bose kiosk). Was hoping to check out some of the lesser known stuff where the locals go while they are in Terminal B. Also, I only have 40 minutes.

Thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Mixed reviews today for the free wi fi at DEN. The ad banner is gone, which is a huge plus. However, it doesn't seem very fast. Last time I was here, it took awhile for things to speed up. I'm hopeful to experience a similar phenomenon this time.

Des anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Terminal B? I've done most of the typical touristy stuff many times (food court, crocs store, Bose kiosk). Was hoping to check out some of the lesser known stuff where the locals go while they are in Terminal B. Also, I only have 40 minutes.

Thanks.
                              You can go to the restroom. Or get a copy of Us Weekly at Newport News. Make sure to visit the "You Are Here" terminal map.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Thanks.
                                There is a BestBuy vending machine where you can easily burn 10-15 minutes comparing the outrageous airport prices of their electronics to their online prices.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X