Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Denver International Airport Free Wi-Fi thread

Default The official Denver International Airport Free Wi-Fi thread

This thread will likely shift in and out of dormancy, as it should only be used when harnessing the strength of DIA's free and excellent comprehensive wi-fi service.

If you happen to be in a different airport....LAX, JFK, LAS, ORD......using wi-fi, I would ask that you not post about it here. Start your own thread.

I am in concourse B if any Cuffers want to meet up in the next 45 minutes, although I am thinking about riding the cool subway thing between terminals for a little bit.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Banned

Free high quality Wi-Fi at Denver International?? It sounds too good to be true. What is the catch?

Banned

If you're lucky you might have DirecTv on your flight too.

I love the Denver Airport Free Wi-Fi! You can enjoy it while eating at an awesome Tex-Mex themed airport restaurant decorated with fake cacti!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    Free high quality Wi-Fi at Denver International?? It sounds too good to be true. What is the catch?
    There is none!!!

The only thing I had to do was download a free .exe file and install it on my hard drive, but that is no big deal. What do I care about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
    If you're lucky you might have DirecTv on your flight too.
    no such luck. America's Top Chef and The Proposal (which was actually pretty funny).

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I am in concourse B if any Cuffers want to meet up in the next 45 minutes, although I am thinking about riding the cool subway thing between terminals for a little bit.
    I'd come out and see you if the Denver Airport wasn't an hour away from Denver.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    I'd come out and see you if the Denver Airport wasn't an hour away from Denver.
    You drive slowly. Castle Rock to DIA = 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
    You drive slowly. Castle Rock to DIA = 40 minutes.
    I'm too cheap to pay the tolls on E470.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Riding the wonkavator there is a must.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Riding the wonkavator there is a must.
    Stick to the topic, free Wi-Fi at DIA, or get your own freaking thread, a-hole!

Guys, I am back in Concourse B and the wi-fi here is STILL free! I hope nobody ever discovers my little secret. If any of you suckers are still paying for bandwidth, I would strongly suggest that you fly here and use the DIA wi-fi network for free.

Now I will go hit one of the 3 Crocs kiosks here next to the food court. They have all sizes and colors, so text me with any specifics if you want me to pick up a pair for you.

Guys, I am back in Concourse B and the wi-fi here is STILL free! I hope nobody ever discovers my little secret. If any of you suckers are still paying for bandwidth, I would strongly suggest that you fly here and use the DIA wi-fi network for free.

Now I will go hit one of the 3 Crocs kiosks here next to the food court. They have all sizes and colors, so text me with any specifics if you want me to pick up a pair for you.
    Are you here in Denver? We should hang out!

Golf & Cubs Disrespecter beelzebabette's Avatar

Airport shopping: explain this to me. I understand late-night infomercials--hoping you're under the influence of, at least, fatigue to lure you into a purchase--and day-time TV personal-injury ads. Is airport marketing purely guilt-based? Hey, you, did you forget to get something for the grandkids? Been away from your family more than you've been with them this month? Buy these Bronco Crocs, and all will be forgiven.

...although I am thinking about riding the cool subway thing between terminals for a little bit.
    That's what I did to past the time with my young kids last year.

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebabette View Post
    Airport shopping: explain this to me. I understand late-night infomercials--hoping you're under the influence of, at least, fatigue to lure you into a purchase--and day-time TV personal-injury ads. Is airport marketing purely guilt-based? Hey, you, did you forget to get something for the grandkids? Been away from your family more than you've been with them this month? Buy these Bronco Crocs, and all will be forgiven.
    Or the gadget that organizes your receipts. That one's always for sale in airports.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Anyone going to be here today? I'm getting pumped for the free wi-fi!

Anyone going to be here today? I'm getting pumped for the free wi-fi!
    I'll be at the Dayton International Airport today where there are two different free Wi-Fi options. You could go with airport provided or coffee shop provided (my preference).

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I'll be at the Dayton International Airport today where there are two different free Wi-Fi options. You could go with airport provided or coffee shop provided (my preference).

http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=1

Sorry, bro. Threadjacking is a way of life here on the www.cougaruteforum.com. If you can't keep up, best you find a different internet home.

Wow, what a letdown. Free wi fi at Denver airport has really gone downhill. Very laggy and permanent ad banner across the top of the screen while you surf.

I knew I shouldn't have posted about this airport because now the secret is out and people are coming here to hog the bandwidth.

Rode the train between terminals a couple of times and also checked out the Crocs store. Think I'm going to chill until my flight. If anyone else is routing through this airport in the next 45 mins, send me a PM. Would be fun to meet up and say hello.

Operation Hot Mother Parrot Head's Avatar

Charlotte has free wi-fi, Bojangles and rocking chairs, so if you're looking for a good layover, stop on by.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

I'll be sure to report in on Minneapolis-St. Paul WiFi tomorrow. Actually I'll proably forget. I just wanted to further pollute this thread with discussion of non-DIA airport Wi-Fi.

On a semi but not really related note, my uncle was a Civil Engineer for the FAA. DIA was his last big project before retiring. So as you zoom around on those trains between terminals, etc. and admire the engineering, thank my Uncle! Actually I have no idea what an FAA Engineer would have done on the project. Oversight?
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

I'm happy to report that a) MSP does appear to have Free Public WiFi and b) I remembered to post that here.

Sadly, I cannot vouch for its quality as I am partaking of the free WiFi in the Delta SkyClub.

If anybody is in MSP for thext 15 minutes, let's hang out!
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

I owe everyone, esp DIA, a huge apology. Earlier, I spoke disparagingly about the free wi fi at the airport. Im here to tell you all that I spoke rashly and out of turn. The wi fi here is as free and as fast as ever. I'm afraid my hasty hate speech may have caused some of you to re route or even altogether cancel preexisting travel plans to or through DIA.

I guess I'm posting this because I consider you all friends and I am asking for help. The next time I post negatively about the free wi fi at DIA, someone please challenge my thinking, question my rationale.

"If the free wi fi at DIA is so awful, how are you posting to us all right now, TripletDaddy? how is this possible with such "awful" free wi fi, that's what I'd like to know?" oh, how I wish I had heard those words 2 days ago when I needed to hear them most.

I'm so sorry, everyone.

What was the source of your prior poor review? There had to be some reason, and I know it wasn't anger over the loss because you were on your way to the game when you posted it. I think we all deserve a little more information here.

Banned

I can't speak for everyone here, but I accept DDD's apology.

Mixed reviews today for the free wi fi at DEN. The ad banner is gone, which is a huge plus. However, it doesn't seem very fast. Last time I was here, it took awhile for things to speed up. I'm hopeful to experience a similar phenomenon this time.

Des anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Terminal B? I've done most of the typical touristy stuff many times (food court, crocs store, Bose kiosk). Was hoping to check out some of the lesser known stuff where the locals go while they are in Terminal B. Also, I only have 40 minutes.

Thanks.

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Mixed reviews today for the free wi fi at DEN. The ad banner is gone, which is a huge plus. However, it doesn't seem very fast. Last time I was here, it took awhile for things to speed up. I'm hopeful to experience a similar phenomenon this time.

Des anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Terminal B? I've done most of the typical touristy stuff many times (food court, crocs store, Bose kiosk). Was hoping to check out some of the lesser known stuff where the locals go while they are in Terminal B. Also, I only have 40 minutes.

Thanks.
    You can go to the restroom. Or get a copy of Us Weekly at Newport News. Make sure to visit the "You Are Here" terminal map.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Thanks.
    There is a BestBuy vending machine where you can easily burn 10-15 minutes comparing the outrageous airport prices of their electronics to their online prices.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock