Rubber Match: Cougars vs. Trojans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jump to 4:38 for guy excited about church

"Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      jump to 4:38 for guy excited about church

LOL... Yeah, church!
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That QB draw was such a great play call and such a good run.

As much as I’m sometimes perplexed by our coaches, that call was perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          jump to 4:38 for guy excited about church

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Well yesterday was certainly worth the trip. I was impressed by the overall team effort, esp. by the subs, but two things stood out for me: Tonga's vicious sack of Slovis early on that seemed to shake up the QB and set the tone for the D while making the SC offense a bit more tentative, and, as others have mentioned, the WRs are playing much better than in recent years in making difficult catches and helping downfield.

I was resigned to a beatdown after the first SC drive. We had SC fans on all sides and a guy behind us observed after that drive, "Like taking candy from a baby." He was right, but that was the most annoying thing those fans said all afternoon; it was fun watching the game with them, although it didn't stop Mrs. PAC from exulting later, "The baby took the candy back!" A great afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Well yesterday was certainly worth the trip. I was impressed by the overall team effort, esp. by the subs, but two things stood out for me: Tonga's vicious sack of Slovis early on that seemed to shake up the QB and set the tone for the D while making the SC offense a bit more tentative, and, as others have mentioned, the WRs are playing much better than in recent years in making difficult catches and helping downfield.

I was resigned to a beatdown after the first SC drive. We had SC fans on all sides and a guy behind us observed after that drive, "Like taking candy from a baby." He was right, but that was the most annoying thing those fans said all afternoon; it was fun watching the game with them, although it didn't stop Mrs. PAC from exulting later, "The baby took the candy back!" A great afternoon.
              Mrs. PAC is awesome.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The receivers are a little better I guess but they rarely create any separation against good DBs.

That TD pass to Milne and other throws had to be perfect because the receivers aren’t fast enough to create any separation.

Comment

• Perhaps, but there's only one original CardiacCoug.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    The receivers are a little better I guess but they rarely create any separation against good DBs.

That TD pass to Milne and other throws had to be perfect because the receivers aren’t fast enough to create any separation.
                    One receiver, who doesn't know the plays well enough but has enough speed is Keanu Hill.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      One receiver, who doesn't know the plays well enough but has enough speed is Keanu Hill.
                      Hill isn’t particularly fast at all. He’s big and strong and can fight through press coverage and block aggressively. He isn’t afraid to fight for contested balls or take a hit, but he’s no speedster. Simon is our fastest guy. There’s Andrada, he is more of a slot guy and is still adjusting to being a pass catcher. I don’t think he’ll play beyond gadget plays this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Hooray BYU! We’re so #1! F*ck P12 refs and Zach Wilson will win the Heisman.
                        Wilson is getting better every game. He kind of reminds me of a young Jimmy Mac with his instinct, confidence, and guts. I'm not saying he has McMahon potential - I don't know enough to say, one way or the other - just that every once in a while when I watch Wilson play it seems like deja vu all over again.
                        sigpic
                        "Outlined against a blue, gray
                        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

The receivers are a little better I guess but they rarely create any separation against good DBs.

Yes but the difference is that they are making plays in tight coverage. Their hands and ability to complete the catch has been better so far. We will never have a bunch of guys that will win 1 on1 in man coverage against p5 programs unless it is a tight end on a LB.

If a team plays zone we will have open guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Yes but the difference is that they are making plays in tight coverage. Their hands and ability to complete the catch has been better so far. We will never have a bunch of guys that will win 1 on1 in man coverage against p5 programs unless it is a tight end on a LB.

If a team plays zone we will have open guys.
                            I've been pleasantly surprised by Micah Simon's performance. He had the dropsies last year, but so far this year has caught everything. In this game he went up high twice and got drilled in the back immediately after making the catch both times, yet held onto the ball.

Comment

and they don't get anything after the catch. iirc, simon had a decent run after catch, but those moments, in comparison to the rest of college football are few and far between. Wilson (or any byu QB) has his work cut out for him.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• A couple of thoughts after coming down from the post-game high.

That was a fun football game to watch. It's been a while since I've watched a BYU football game against a P5 opponent and had fun the entire game.

I'm not sure how good USC is/isn't, and I'm not sure how good BYU is/isn't, but I am positive that the Cougars are getting better, which is an encouraging sign.

Simon, Ty'son, Z-Dub, Ah You, and others were pretty banged up after this game. I'm not sure how Dayan survived taking that shellacking on the first failed goal line play. #15 for USC's defense (who I'm pretty sure is an LDS kid from Oregon) lit Ghonwalaku up.

I have no idea how we'll do against UW. Chris Peterson > Clay Helton, though, so I expect that we'll have to play nearly flawless to get the win.

Tuiaki continues to impress me, notwithstanding the vocal idiots who have been hounding him so far this season. He made USC's offense one-dimensional. If we try to pressure USC's QB, he torches us.

Khiyiris Tonga is a man amongst boys out there. His bull rush through double teams was beautiful. If he could ever learn to get his pad level lower, look out.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X