Take Me to Another Place: BYU vs Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Thread title is nice if you're around my age.
    I just got it. It was rattling around in my head, and it just clicked into place.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If we lose to Tennessee, then I think it's fair to say that USC and UW are guaranteed Ls. BYU Twitter will be unbearable at 0-4.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        If we lose to Tennessee, then I think it's fair to say that USC and UW are guaranteed Ls. BYU Twitter will be unbearable at 0-4.
        Guaranteed is a bit strong, but fair to say this is our best shot at picking one up in September.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Guaranteed is a bit strong, but fair to say this is our best shot at picking one up in September.
          Just too difficult to predict how the two teams will react. From what little I was able to observe, the Volunteer line play is poor, which should help BYU. I'm not enamored with the way Tuiaki uses the 3-4 in stopping the run. I hope he focuses more on run defense to make their QB try to defeat BYU, as he is vulnerable to mistakes.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I don't know. Tenn lost to a bad sunbelt team at home. We can mock USC and Helton all we want, but it's tough to see how we'd have a better shot against the Trojans after crapping the bed against the Volunteers. I'm not holding out any hope for a win against Washington.

Comment

I don't know. Tenn lost to a bad sunbelt team at home. We can mock USC and Helton all we want, but it's tough to see how we'd have a better shot against the Trojans after crapping the bed against the Volunteers. I'm not holding out any hope for a win against Washington.
              How are you differing with AA?
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                Thread title is nice if you're around my age.
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I just got it. It was rattling around in my head, and it just clicked into place.
                I didn't realize that Tennessee was the title of that song - don't think I ever even noticed it in the lyrics.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

That's strong. Uw is a guaranteed loss either way-they are good and well coached. But while USC has more talent than everyone outside of bama and Clemson, they also have a bad high school coach at the helm. I can see sitaki coming up with a game plan that confuses usc. I don't think sitake is good; but he's head and shoulders above helton.

That said, USC might win by 28 if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    I didn't realize that Tennessee was the title of that song - don't think I ever even noticed it in the lyrics.
                    Tennessee... Tennessee.... Tennessee .... Tennessee

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      Tennessee... Tennessee.... Tennessee .... Tennessee

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                      For some strange reason it had to be
                      He guided me to Tennessee
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        How are you differing with AA?
                        He’s more personable, more experienced, and a better writer.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

He’s more personable, more experienced, and a better writer.
                          Disagree on all of the above, so there's that as well.

I can't tell if Topper is serious or not, but he's right that AA and I are close...I'm just saying that losing to TN means BYU going 0-4 is a foregone conclusion and AA is saying it's extremely likely.

Comment

Disagree on all of the above, so there's that as well.

I can't tell if Topper is serious or not, but he's right that AA and I are close...I'm just saying that losing to TN means BYU going 0-4 is a foregone conclusion and AA is saying it's extremely likely.
                            If we lose to Tennessee then 6-6 is the ceiling for this team. This game is a must-win to keep any upside at all in this season.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              If we lose to Tennessee then 6-6 is the ceiling for this team. This game is a must-win to keep any upside at all in this season.
                              Yeah, a loss on Saturday could be an indicator that 4-8 is likely. USF, UMass, Liberty, and Idaho State are the only patsies. I don't know much about SDSU, but before the wheels fell off last season, they beat Arizona State and Boise State (note: they beat Weber St. 6-0 on Saturday, so I'm optimistic that we have a fifth win against the Aztecs).

Comment

Yeah, a loss on Saturday could be an indicator that 4-8 is likely. USF, UMass, Liberty, and Idaho State are the only patsies. I don't know much about SDSU, but before the wheels fell off last season, they beat Arizona State and Boise State (note: they beat Weber St. 6-0 on Saturday, so I'm optimistic that we have a fifth win against the Aztecs).
                                Let me get this straight. If we don't upset an SEC team on the road, we are doomed to a 4-8 season?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X