Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019--100 rings in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Man we hate the Steelers so bad.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

You're going to be seeing this everywhere for the next week, but Myles Garrett just ripped off Mason Rudolph's helmet, swung the helmet at Rudolph's head and made contact.

I'll be surprised if Garrett isn't kicked out for the rest of the year. He should be criminally charged, but I doubt that happens.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    You're going to be seeing this everywhere for the next week, but Myles Garrett just ripped off Mason Rudolph's helmet, swung the helmet at Rudolph's head and made contact.

I'll be surprised if Garrett isn't kicked out for the rest of the year. He should be criminally charged, but I doubt that happens.
    It started with Rudolph grabbing Garrett’s helmet and twisting it and almost taking it off. That set off the crazyness thereafter. Garrett is done for the year. I could see this going into part of next year too. For good reason. That was just horrible and the NFL will be swift as this was on national TV

This HC for the Browns has no control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely he should miss the rest of the season. Crazy.

Default NFL 2019--100 rings in the trunk

Rudolph was far from innocent but Garrett’s reaction and swinging of the helmet was so over the top wrong that he will be gone for at least the rest of the year.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    It started with Rudolph grabbing Garrett’s helmet and twisting it and almost taking it off. That set off the crazyness thereafter. Garrett is done for the year. I could see this going into part of next year too. For good reason. That was just horrible and the NFL will be swift as this was on national TV

This HC for the Browns has no control.

I saw him grabbing the helmet, but not twisting it. To the extent he was twisting that could be a bit of a mitigating circumstance -- that could cause serious injury. There's a wide gulf between assault and aggravated assault and assault with a weapon. Using the helmet as a weapon massively escalated the situation.

Marty McSorley never played another game in the NHL and he was actually convicted by a Canadian court. The distinction between hockey and football is the temptation is always there for a hothead to swing a stick at someone's head while in football the occasion rarely arises where a loose helmet is around to swing at someone's uncovered head.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

I don’t have any problem with what happened this evening. Sure a Steelers qb got his head beat in with his own helmet, but at least he wasn’t raped in a nightclub bathroom.

Default NFL 2019--100 rings in the trunk

I saw him grabbing the helmet, but not twisting it. To the extent he was twisting that could be a bit of a mitigating circumstance -- that could cause serious injury. There's a wide gulf between assault and aggravated assault and assault with a weapon. Using the helmet as a weapon massively escalated the situation.

Marty McSorley never played another game in the NHL and he was actually convicted by a Canadian court. The distinction between hockey and football is the temptation is always there for a hothead to swing a stick at someone's head while in football the occasion rarely arises where a loose helmet is around to swing at someone's uncovered head.
    You need to watch it again. Rudolph grabbed his Helmet by the side with one hand and the back of it with the other and used both his hands to try and rip it off. He almost succeeded but Garrett got his hands off by standing up.

As for assault with a deadly weapon etc. that is an extreme. Rudolph never even went down and immediately threw his hands up looking to get a call. Dude was smiling and chatting away afterwards in the huddle prior to his knee down.

It will be very interesting to see how this is handled not only for Garrett, but Pouncey and Rudolph. If they only punish Garrett and Pouncey, then they are looking only to save face in the public. If they use sound judgement, they will include Rudolph as culpable for initiating the fight.

But Garrett should be done this year and half of next year. That is my guess. And receive the largest fine ever, plus required anger management counseling..

But this is the NFL. The land of wife beaters etc. who still got a paycheck. Even after the knocked their wife’s out cold in a elevator.

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-15-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Some interesting conversations this morning in the office. Steelers and Browns fans drawing lines in the sand. LOL..

Surprisingly, Columbus has a large Steeler fan base.

Surprisingly, Columbus has a large Steeler fan base.

The worst kind of people.

Steeler fans or people from Columbus in general?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Most likely Buckeye fans too. I am sure the worst of mankind..

Garrett is done for the season and playoffs

https://es.pn/2NR756n

Garrett is done for the season and playoffs

Of course he’s done for the playoffs. He plays for Cleveland.

article from the Packers web site on just how great a teammate Jamaal is https://www.packers.com/news/packers...-for-who-he-is

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

WR from Kaep’s workout gets a tryout with the Browns

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/bro...nick-receiver/
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

That is some sweet trolling of Kaep!!!

My first year back into fantasy football in over a decade has been rough. You wanna get injured? End up on my roster. Even so, if I win this week, I will be the fourth and last team into the playoffs. It's a rematch against the colonel. Last time he beat me by 3 on a down week.

It seems like there are five serious contenders: Ravens, Pats, Saints, Seahawks and Niners. I wonder if the Ravens have peaked too soon and Belichick is going to figure something out in the playoffs. We've seen players like LaMar Jackson get hot (Cam, Vick even Vince Young for a year or two) but it rarely continues for long. I am willing to say that LaMar Jackson is absolutely better than Vince Young and is perhaps better than Cam and Vick.

But over the long haul, a player like Russel Wilson is infinitely more terrifying. He may not be the runner that Jackson is (though I would say he's better than Cam Newton), but he's a peerless scrambler and the far better passer.

It seems like there are five serious contenders: Ravens, Pats, Saints, Seahawks and Niners. I wonder if the Ravens have peaked too soon and Belichick is going to figure something out in the playoffs. We've seen players like LaMar Jackson get hot (Cam, Vick even Vince Young for a year or two) but it rarely continues for long. I am willing to say that LaMar Jackson is absolutely better than Vince Young and is perhaps better than Cam and Vick.

But over the long haul, a player like Russel Wilson is infinitely more terrifying. He may not be the runner that Jackson is (though I would say he's better than Cam Newton), but he's a peerless scrambler and the far better passer.
    It pains me to say it, but I would pick Wilson over Brady now. And it wouldn’t be a hard choice. I think he is the best QB right now.

This game is nuts. Atlanta with 2 onside kicks in a row and now have a chance to tie it up

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    This game is nuts. Atlanta with 2 onside kicks in a row and now have a chance to tie it up
    Ends with a sack. Bummer. Wanted to see the crazy comeback!

Ends with a sack. Bummer. Wanted to see the crazy comeback!
    Entertaining for sure. And I would have loved Matt Ryan to score me a few more points, but in the end, #teamtaysomhill

Going for 2 seemed like the wrong move. They would've been down 10 if they had just kicked the extra point. In the end it didn't matter.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

It was 3 onside kicks in a row. The refs mistakenly called offsides on the first one. That kicker got a similar bounce every time, he seems to have figured something out.

The Niners are losing today, hopefully it's not by too much. They struggled against Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson so I anticipate they'll struggle against Jackson

Lol @ livecoug

Good to see the Patriots losing.

This still seems like 5 teams have a shot like cmbf said.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Good to see the Patriots losing.

This still seems like 5 teams have a shot like cmbf said.
    This obviously could come back and haunt me and I've been wrong about the Pats many times, but their offense doesn't look good enough to get out of the AFC vs. the Ravens. It seems like the Ravens are the clear favorites in the AFC, while KC could be a bit of a darkhorse.

I'm going to be very curious to see how the Saints' dink and dunk offense plays against the Niners this week. While the Niners have a weakness against mobile QBs (they just got done playing four out of five games against mobile QBs), they've had little problem against non-mobile QBs. On top of that, the Saints' o-line has some injuries. By comparison, Green Bay supposedly had the better o-line and the Niners d-line crushed them. On the other hand, the Saints are better-coached than Green Bay. I wouldn't be surprised to see more Taysom Hill in this game than at any other time this year.

If the Niners can avoid the Seahawks in the playoffs, they have a good chance at going to the Super Bowl -- even if they get in as #5 seed wild card. I think that defense can beat up on Dallas, Philly, Minnesota, Green Bay and perhaps the Saints on the road (I may be proven quite wrong this Sunday on this last point). On the other hand, Russel Wilson is adept at using pass rushers' pursuit against them. Wilson repeatedly neutralized Nick Bosa by reversing field to Bosa's pursuit and breaking Bosa's contain as a result.