Thread: Hs football in Idaho

Default Hs football in Idaho

Practice has started. I will be pa announcer for home games. Did fb and Bob last year. Get good meal in road. Small d Idaho Leighton Vandereschs alma mater won,t make it this year. Last year we have to deal with private school in Twin as enrollment between two divisions will go down to eighty four. Mhefully no more private schools winning it all.

Some will give bs stories to stay down, but private schools should be harder. Maybe this year my advice could get us to tale Iit all. Rocky village comes to town end of Septembrr. Atomic lit city should be 2a. There kids had to co op with miners none of them wanted to play so got together and are still 1a.

I will try to be as enthusiastic when other team makes good play myself. Uncle said I shouldn't,t of. Ad she passed away over summer asked me to do football as long time announcer retired. She had cancer for a few years than got sudden brain cancer. Most of her family is in town still.

I should pronounce some people's na,Es ok too. People asked if I would do pa for basketball. I did. Nice to heat who made basket and fouled. Enthusiastic for both teams too.

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    Practice has started. I will be pa announcer for home games. Did fb and Bob last year. Get good meal in road. Small d Idaho Leighton Vandereschs alma mater won,t make it this year. Last year we have to deal with private school in Twin as enrollment between two divisions will go down to eighty four. Mhefully no more private schools winning it all.

Some will give bs stories to stay down, but private schools should be harder. Maybe this year my advice could get us to tale Iit all. Rocky village comes to town end of Septembrr. Atomic lit city should be 2a. There kids had to co op with miners none of them wanted to play so got together and are still 1a.

I will try to be as enthusiastic when other team makes good play myself. Uncle said I shouldn't,t of. Ad she passed away over summer asked me to do football as long time announcer retired. She had cancer for a few years than got sudden brain cancer. Most of her family is in town still.

I should pronounce some people's na,Es ok too. People asked if I would do pa for basketball. I did. Nice to heat who made basket and fouled. Enthusiastic for both teams too.
    Grape if circumstances ever allow me to attend a game where you are on the PA, I would forever regret not going. Will you be calling any games in Jake Plummer's hometown?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Do any of the games get streamed on the WWW? Or does everyone have to go to the game to take in the Devils football?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

September 20th you can see Devil against Devil on the www and hear my voice in the background. Red and blue. Goat may

We had a bye this week but Picked up a game on Tuesday with Jv Team combined of Atomic lot city and mining town co up north, powerhouse in the past. Varsity didnlt play but we had Jv game Tuesday. They will try to be 1a next year though combo enrollment places them at 2a.

After player injured they should of been d1 but we're d2 that cycle and knocked us out first quarter after unbeateend season. Player was hurt. We beat them earlier. Well new principal asked if I would announce volleyball game. I did announce starters and national anthem but not pa. Don,t know enough to do pa for volleyball. Our Jv loot to a river that no one can find. They are good team.

When that Rocky village south of I 86 and the Great Falls of America come to town we will be weaning calves in the middle of mining town of Muldoon. Hopefully I can get back in time Friday to do the game. No cell service there, if I just pick up cattle will be ok as we will be going up there a day before as well. Or I will have to stay down here that day. Parking truck full of cattle to do pa for game may not go over well with some town people from here or the village of Rocks.

I did pa for bball too and will. Nfhs says you are not to announce violations or number of fouls I do anyway. As long as I dn,t do commentary or talk except to announce score while players are moving. Same thing I hear at College games.

This will be the last year 1ad2 will have to deal with the Chicken shit online school up north. Conference kicked them out but they will have to find a way to get them to state. Now it is lowered cutoff between one and two. We will also lose the mighty Lions in the town of Deepthroat and Andy Toolson.

They can control enrollment. Private school in home of Picabo Street is to be 2a but will give biannual petition to be 1a d 2. Only do volleyball and basketball in that division and donlt want to travel. They get clobbered but wonder how the school named after River of woods thinks about that. They have to travel everywhere. Alaska and Montana have that problem as well.

Elvis Medinas hometown and another town want to petition to d 2 next cycle. Enrollment grows though. Shelley want to go down as well. Some changes there. See what goes on. At least Christian school in town of deep throat and Andy Toolson won't be Around neither will the beginning prep school.

Town that once had Dick Motta coach had opening but spud harvest kept them from having game this week. Wyo Utah border town that saves us bom says after all we can do.

We had a bye this week but Picked up a game on Tuesday with Jv Team combined of Atomic lot city and mining town co up north, powerhouse in the past. Varsity didnlt play but we had Jv game Tuesday. They will try to be 1a next year though combo enrollment places them at 2a.

After player injured they should of been d1 but we're d2 that cycle and knocked us out first quarter after unbeateend season. Player was hurt. We beat them earlier. Well new principal asked if I would announce volleyball game. I did announce starters and national anthem but not pa. Don,t know enough to do pa for volleyball. Our Jv loot to a river that no one can find. They are good team.

When that Rocky village south of I 86 and the Great Falls of America come to town we will be weaning calves in the middle of mining town of Muldoon. Hopefully I can get back in time Friday to do the game. No cell service there, if I just pick up cattle will be ok as we will be going up there a day before as well. Or I will have to stay down here that day. Parking truck full of cattle to do pa for game may not go over well with some town people from here or the village of Rocks.

I did pa for bball too and will. Nfhs says you are not to announce violations or number of fouls I do anyway. As long as I dn,t do commentary or talk except to announce score while players are moving. Same thing I hear at College games.

This will be the last year 1ad2 will have to deal with the Chicken shit online school up north. Conference kicked them out but they will have to find a way to get them to state. Now it is lowered cutoff between one and two. We will also lose the mighty Lions in the town of Deepthroat and Andy Toolson.

They can control enrollment. Private school in home of Picabo Street is to be 2a but will give biannual petition to be 1a d 2. Only do volleyball and basketball in that division and donlt want to travel. They get clobbered but wonder how the school named after River of woods thinks about that. They have to travel everywhere. Alaska and Montana have that problem as well.

Elvis Medinas hometown and another town want to petition to d 2 next cycle. Enrollment grows though. Shelley want to go down as well. Some changes there. See what goes on. At least Christian school in town of deep throat and Andy Toolson won't be Around neither will the beginning prep school.

Town that once had Dick Motta coach had opening but spud harvest kept them from having game this week. Wyo Utah border town that saves us bom says after all we can do.
    Our high school bball team beat Andy Toolson's team in the district tournament in his senior year. He didn't take it well and was crying on the floor after game. It felt good.

I noticed that my high school beat the bobcats for like the 16 time in a row Friday night. It must be depressing for the kids that live on that side of the Snake.

I recall playing Woodriver in football when we were in 7th grade. It was a long bus ride to get up there and colder than hell.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

September board synopsis is up. The Devils of the Red variety tried to stay d2 but were denied. Hometown of Elvis Medina approved. There sports have gone down. Competitive equity what they are looking at. Christian school in town of Deepthroat and Andy Toolson will be up division. They petitioned down mid cycle earlier. growth is big in Eastern Twin Falls County.

Private Community School in home of Picabo Street to be 2a but they let them be 1ad2. Only play bots bball and volleyball at that level and skiing keeps most students from playing Celtic bball. That many kids they should have enough to play Celtic bball and sacrifice skiing.

No more Gen Prep at 1a d 2. May dominate d1. Private sculls have had kids going there if Madre had job. One I heard was cancer at home of Lou Dobbs. Second to hgh school 5a but let them be 4a. No more long traveling is why. But some schoo they let go down division and others they didn,t. If y couldn't,t play Raider football or Celtic bball then your chance of stung down was better. Next year only one 1a d2 private school will field football unless upstart school at the alma mater of Rod Boone adds football.
    Coty pt by atomic power and Ming town to the north tried to be 1a d 1 next year but state said no way Jose. They let schools in Central Idaho Mountains co op and stay at d2 though. Town named after tribe of Cnief Joseph and the hills in some town named after Craig and a monument.

Rocky village south of American Falls came to town last week. Did not make it in end zone. Stake Presidemts son or nephew fumbled a few times. No score second half. Idaho has rule if ahead by 40 after second half let clock run. And second week in a row did that.

I wonder how many times the Public address announcer mispronounced any names or he did ok. He may have said Jerry instead of Gary for head coach. Assistants were prepping and he was trying to get starting lineup. Had to find head coach who was bullshtting with assistant coach and head bball coach and he introduced himself so pa announcer did not get that name wrong.

Only introduce coaches once but players that can be embarrassing. Coach nice guy grew up on Rocky village and came back after being away for some time.

Pa announcer did bball last year. He tried to get the crowd riled up on first down for first down getting crowd to say that. He also wanted to get the other team fired up as well could not tell if they would see the pause for empathetic first down. Hopefully pa announcer did ok.

Reading Naha said you were not supposed to announce violations of foul numbers. Of course he did that and will this year. Just can,t talk during movement except to announce scorer and emegencies.

Last week had homecoming against Eastern Twin Falls school we are losing and after mini cheerleaders was waiting some time to see if floats would go out on field. Like BYU they would not go so stalled a minute before deciding to announce royalty and who got the rewards. Watch them walk off the float. Raining real bad and music teacher is cheer adviser were practicing something so girl coming u to give homecoming script agreed to sign national anthem. That was nice.

Had to move concessions indoors and chile dog n ready last week but principal bought chile dog sneakers and Pepsi up to pa announcer during homecoming that was nice. Maybe we could keep him. Had several principles stay for one year. One taught at Red Devils and wS assistant coach for them against former employer, one left after Christmas last year.

Had Superintendent with three year contract leave after two. And some things come up left education all together later on. We had one Musca teacher want to be principal lasted a year but could not get changes he wanted went back to teaching has a sour taste about town. Maybe this principle will stay a few years. Had job here before but not picked came back again.

Interesting changes for next year in Idaho High School sports. Maybe some one besides town of Leighton East Blaine County and Christian school of Toolson and Deepthroat will take state this year.

The season is over now and for 1ad2 the fourteen year frustration if you are not in the town of Leighton Vanderesch, East Bkaine county or private school were Dallin Oaks spent early years still won state championships. School in town of Deepthroat going up one next year. East Bkaine County will be competitive one more year. But maybe some other team will win there.

Had neighbor that when oldest school started ninth grade they went to neighboring school, story I heard was so they could be seen by recruiters. Now you have to write letter to state saying what contact you had with coach before entering ninth grade.

There dad was on our coaching staff then joined staff over there. Thought commute was worth it. One bullshit story I heard was that the coach did summer camps, he did that and then asked students to come there on ninth grade. If that was true he would be in deep shit by the state. Informant was Smokey his name. Full of smoke. Someone said he was full of shit, was married to classmate of mine,

Older brother redshirted at Idaho State but no longer playing. Don,t know if grades or something else. Younger brother committed to Eastern Washington. Heard he had Stanford and Itah State looking at hm. Even looked at BYU. I said he would be crushed at Stanford or Utah State. May not get much pt at Eastern Wasnington. RC,S Nneighbors to northwest shut him down in playoffs. He said he hoped to make it to the pros on tv. Then again many people have that hope. Few people make it though.

I mentioned him going to neighboring school on www.sportsboards.com so he could be seen by recruiters and my prediction of his future. Idahosports.com runs that site. Padre who likes to talk big, was I talking to you, hegot Bulls out of way of riders at NFr said I was talking shit about his kids on sportsboRds left town four years ago. Stay off. He flunked his government test.

I wonder if starting school over there when oldest kid started ninth was him being hot shit.

Kuhn won 4a chhampinship with 5a enrollment cngroversy there. Miners in Central Idaho may not have football if city built by atomic power does not let them in. Or will and they will be 2a, denied petition to stay down, town in woods of southern crop kept them from winning it all. Exciting things in Idaho high school football. Will see what next year brings.
    Last edited by grapevine; 11-29-2019 at 03:31 AM.