2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Kiffin is growing on me. I love the shade he throws at LeBron in his comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. He’s pretty great on Twitter.

Comment

• It is great that BYU beat BSU... My SMU friends have totally forgiven us for the 1980 Holiday Bowl and are all expecting to go to the cotton bowl now:

Too bad Memphis is going to beat them.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This map seems alright for larger metropolitan areas, but seems to suffer from lack of samples in rural areas. Hence BYU showing up in Wisconsin counties (probably because of Wisconsin fans travelling to Provo for their game).

Notre Dame is indeed a hot ticket!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-ticket-sales/
        Last edited by beefytee; 10-25-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• The PAC-12 is just not a good conference. It looks like there are 2 top 15 teams and 10 mediocre teams. The teams are at best playing for a Rose Bowl berth.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 2019 College Football Thread

LOL @ Oklahoma..

Look. It’s another 48-41 game in the Big “No Defense” 12..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by dabrockster; 10-26-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• lol @ TTech.

Comment

• Can't say I mind watching Michigan take it to ND.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Good hell, Utah picked a great year to be good. They are certainly the best team in a down conference and all sorts of 1 loss teams are going down.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    Good hell, Utah picked a great year to be good. They are certainly the best team in a down conference and all sorts of 1 loss teams are going down.

The Pac is absolutely atrocious this year. Utah totally reaping the benefits. Blows.

Utah needs to die a horrible death. And soon.

Comment

• AFA taking it to the Aggies.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        AFA taking it to the Aggies.
                        AFA O-line has dominated tonight. And I’m also impressed at how much the AFA D has been in the Aggie backfield.

Comment

• The consensus with which local media and Utah fans have the Utah WILL be in the playoff if they win out is perplexing. The PAC-12 is not a good conference this year. Utah's out of conference games aren't impressive. A one loss LSU/Alabama who isn't even a division champion will get in over them. A one loss Oklahoma gets in over them. Outside of complete chaos, I just don't see it happening. Utah may be a playoff worthy team, but they just don't have the resume.

Comment

The consensus with which local media and Utah fans have the Utah WILL be in the playoff if they win out is perplexing. The PAC-12 is not a good conference this year. Utah's out of conference games aren't impressive. A one loss LSU/Alabama who isn't even a division champion will get in over them. A one loss Oklahoma gets in over them. Outside of complete chaos, I just don't see it happening. Utah may be a playoff worthy team, but they just don't have the resume.

Most Ute fans I associate with know that a playoff spot is a long shot. The Rose bowl is the likely destination if we win out. Many I know have already made hotel reservations in Pasadena.

I can’t speak for all Ute fans, and certainly not local media. I haven’t listened to sports radio or paid attention to print or tv local media for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              Most Ute fans I associate with know that a playoff spot is a long shot. The Rose bowl is the likely destination if we win out. Many I know have already made hotel reservations in Pasadena.

I can’t speak for all Ute fans, and certainly not local media. I haven’t listened to sports radio or paid attention to print or tv local media for a long time.
                              I try not to listen to the 1280 guys because I think they deliberately fan the flames between the two fanbases. But I drove with my BIL today who was listening to some post game show of theirs.

I work with a fair amount of UofU students so I guess I should qualify the Utah fan statement. I think Oregon could make the playoff if they win out, just based on their national reputation and out of conference schedule. But I still think the loser of Bama v LSU gets in over the PAC champion.

So what happens to the 2 loss team that loses the PAC-12 championship game? Is there a NY6 spot left for them?

Comment

I try not to listen to the 1280 guys because I think they deliberately fan the flames between the two fanbases. But I drove with my BIL today who was listening to some post game show of theirs.

I work with a fair amount of UofU students so I guess I should qualify the Utah fan statement. I think Oregon could make the playoff if they win out, just based on their national reputation and out of conference schedule. But I still think the loser of Bama v LSU gets in over the PAC champion.

So what happens to the 2 loss team that loses the PAC-12 championship game? Is there a NY6 spot left for them?

If the winner of the CCG goes to the Rose Bowl, there is almost no chance a 2 loss runner-up would go to the one open NY6 spot. So it would be the Alamo Bowl, which has 2nd pick from the PAC-12.

Comment

Working...
                                X