2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I don't understand the shotgun victory formation... Sheesh.

Comment

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          I don't understand the shotgun victory formation... Sheesh.
          WTH is that all about?
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Woohoo!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

The first conference game is always difficult for PAC12 teams because they have to adjust for impartial refs. It definitely showed for Utah tonight.

Comment

HA HA, utes suck!

Fun seeing covey get destroyed out there and bernard being trucked on that td was awesome.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status...65403108347904

Comment

LOL@Utes... USC won with 13 total rushing yards.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      HA HA, utes suck!

Fun seeing covey get destroyed out there and bernard being trucked on that td was awesome.
                      I feel bad for Covey.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        I feel bad for Covey.
                        Why, is he hurt again?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Why, is he hurt again?
                          He chose the wrong school. It's pretty common on the uofutah team.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

On the bright side for the Pac-12 the season is young and they still could have an unbeaten champion: ASU, Cal or Wazzu. I don't think ASU or Cal can do it. And maybe Utah will get their crap together and figure out how to play pass defense to beat Wash St next week. If the PAC-12 gets a team in the playoffs my money is on Oregon. BYU beating UW today will help that happen and add more fuel to the PAC-12 dumpster fire. It's game day, b*tches!
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ha, Utah lost. I knew we were better than them but it usually takes a common opponent to prove it.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Maybe this is a question too dumb to ask, but hopefully someone will answer it for me:

What did Vegas and the betting crowd see in USC to make the spread as close as it was?

Obviously even the spread was wrong, but given the record of the two teams, I would have given Utah a touchdown win without blinking. I couldn't watch the game, but it sounded like USC played ok, and Utah made major mistakes. As a big believer in the discovery ability of markets, I should have expected the spread to be more correct than I was. I still don't understand what made people believe that a team who barely lost to BYU would be that close to a team that trounced us. Hopefully someone will enlighten me.
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X