2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 College Football Thread

Our long national nightmare is over. College football returns this evening. Only two games today in what amounts to an early start to week one. I dont care about either but will probably watch because football. I'll also probably be cheering for Miami and Hawaii. My 12 year old self just disavowed me.

Only game between ranked teams in week one is Oregon @ Auburn next saturday. Props to Oregon and Utah for putting it on the line with tough road challenges out of the gate.

Utah State was so conservative here and gave the game away at Wake Forest.

All they need is a first down and the game is over. Instead they run it straight ahead and punt it away to let Wake Forest have the ball back and take it down for the winning score.

Comment

It's an annual tradition for USU to Aggie away a victory on the road against a P5 school.

USF looked absolutely abominable against Wisconsin. Umass got destroyed by Rutgers after leading 21-7 in the 1st.

CU doesn't look good against CSU. I think the P12 South is going to be straight awful this year. Utah should roll right through it, no problem.

Comment

FSU taking it to Boise. Boise looks completely lost.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
          BYU's passing-only offense should work well against these guys.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not anymore. FSU hasn't been able to do anything the second half.

Comment

Iowa State v Northern Iowa is a fun game ... go Panthers!

Comment

Not anymore. FSU hasn't been able to do anything the second half.

Boyzee gonna win this sucker. They have looked awesome since going down 31-6

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                  Iowa State v Northern Iowa is a fun game ... go Panthers!
                  Beck to Harlinesque play by Northern Iowa ... on to third overtime.

Comment

Freshman QB going into Tallahassee, really a good win for them today.

Comment

The Nevada/Purdue game last night was awesome. 2 nd string true freshman kicker came on as time expired to kick a 56 yarder to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        The Nevada/Purdue game last night was awesome. 2 nd string true freshman kicker came on as time expired to kick a 56 yarder to win the game.
                        And to top it all off the coach gave him a scholarship right after the game...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lol at the Oregon coaches that don't know the rules. Sorry on an injury, you can't call a timeout and have that player play the next play. That cost them two timeouts at the end of the game, one to try and get the qb back in, and then another when they weren't ready for the play because he had to leave the field. And then they failed on the subsequent 4th down try.

Great game, though.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s fake, but:

2552AD8E-3E05-4107-9E2D-18D6FA82E18D.jpg
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Well, that was embarrassing...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X