2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Not sure why playing only in the Big 10 would be considered an issue. They have 6 teams in the top 25 alone and has beat 3 while they were in the top 10. The SEC has 5 in the top 25.

Utah is inflated from a very weak conference and lost to the only ranked team in their division that is 8-4 on the season . Oregon the only other team will end up beating them but if for some miracle, they pull it out, they will get ass-stomped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look, it's fine if you don't watch any college football outside of your regional footprint, but don't try to compensate for ignorance by just talking louder. Utah is not a paper tiger in any respect. They have 3 high draft picks who came back for their senior seasons when they didn't have to in Moss, Anae, and Fotu. They have several NFL guys in their defensive backfield and a Senior QB who has started since his freshman year. They're a legitimate top 10 team this year. They lost to SC because SC has 3 NFL WRs who Utah foolishly decided to play man against, and SC kept lobbing home runs to Pittman, St Brown, and Vaughns. USC's issue is coaching, not talent.

I don't think Utah would beat the Buckeyes or LSU this year, but I could absolutely see them being competitive against anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      Look, it's fine if you don't watch any college football outside of your regional footprint, but don't try to compensate for ignorance by just talking louder. Utah is not a paper tiger in any respect. They have 3 high draft picks who came back for their senior seasons when they didn't have to in Moss, Anae, and Fotu. They have several NFL guys in their defensive backfield and a Senior QB who has started since his freshman year. They're a legitimate top 10 team this year. They lost to SC because SC has 3 NFL WRs who Utah foolishly decided to play man against, and SC kept lobbing home runs to Pittman, St Brown, and Vaughns. USC's issue is coaching, not talent.

I don't think Utah would beat the Buckeyes or LSU this year, but I could absolutely see them being competitive against anyone.
      HBCoug gets it!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          HBCoug gets it!

So what happens next. Do we like make out?

Comment

So what happens next. Do we like make out?
            If the Utes beat Oregon and make the CFP, absolutely! Unlike Lebowski, I would love to make the college football final four, even if we lose to Ohio State by 100.

Comment

Pfft. The region and conference is consistently in the top 2 conferences every year. PAC 12 has water downed conference with a usually one strong team. Right now. None match the level we have seen in the past.

The idea Utah has all the high draft picks and a strong team is not even considered at a national level. I am not sure where you get your rankings but I do not see a single Utah guy going high in the draft at all. None of those 3 are even the first projected player out of Utah. Johnson comes in at 81. Another ranking has Moss going at 96 and the only player from Utah ranked in the draft.

A senior QB really means nothing to me. The team as a whole is not going to be able to handle all the weapons Ohio St. has on both sides of the ball. If you think the 3 WR’s from SC did damage then you have not paid attention to the level of talent and skill Ohio St. has at WR and the monster OL that allows for J.K. Dobbins to run for over 200 yards against Michigan and 163 against Wisconsin as well as 157 against PSU. Utah’s defense is ranked well but again, the teams do not even match up to what Ohio St has faced. None of those teams Utah faced offensively are ranked high. You can easily look like a world beater when you face an 8-4 SC, 6-6 WSU, 5-7 Ore. St., 7-5 ASU, 7-5 Cal, 7-5 UW, 4-8 UCLA, 4-8 UA, 5-7 CU.

The defense will take Utah’s offense to task. Oregon’s defense will be the first real defense they face. We will see how good they really are against a formidable opponent. My prediction. They lose.

Comment

Pfft. The region and conference is consistently in the top 2 conferences every year. PAC 12 has water downed conference with a usually one strong team. Right now. None match the level we have seen in the past.

The idea Utah has all the high draft picks and a strong team is not even considered at a national level. I am not sure where you get your rankings but I do not see a single Utah guy going high in the draft at all. None of those 3 are even the first projected player out of Utah. Johnson comes in at 81. Another ranking has Moss going at 96 and the only player from Utah ranked in the draft.

A senior QB really means nothing to me. The team as a whole is not going to be able to handle all the weapons Ohio St. has on both sides of the ball. If you think the 3 WR’s from SC did damage then you have not paid attention to the level of talent and skill Ohio St. has at WR and the monster OL that allows for J.K. Dobbins to run for over 200 yards against Michigan and 163 against Wisconsin as well as 157 against PSU. Utah’s defense is ranked well but again, the teams do not even match up to what Ohio St has faced. None of those teams Utah faced offensively are ranked high. You can easily look like a world beater when you face an 8-4 SC, 6-6 WSU, 5-7 Ore. St., 7-5 ASU, 7-5 Cal, 7-5 UW, 4-8 UCLA, 4-8 UA, 5-7 CU.

The defense will take Utah’s offense to task. Oregon’s defense will be the first real defense they face. We will see how good they really are against a formidable opponent. My prediction. They lose.

:clap::rockon1:

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Does anyone expect any movement in the top 10 outside of Bama moving back and Utah, Baylor, and Oklahoma moving up a spot? I guess we'll see how much the committee wants Utah in the playoff by how much they move Oregon up. Oregon didn't look like world beaters against the Beavs. So if they move up much, the committee is trying to justify putting Utah in should they win.

Comment

• I predict both Oklahoma and Baylor jump Utah. A prelude to Big 12 getting in over PAC 12.

Or they are hedging their bets Oregon beats Utah and that last spot will get filled by the Big 12 anyway.

It will be telling for sure tonight.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I said Utah wouldn't beat Ohio St. I really don't see anyone other than LSU who can. I also don't think much of the Pac-12, which is why you see Utah typically winning by 30 each week lately. I do think Utah is legitimately one of the best 10 teams in the country and is hot like Hansel at the right time. There is still a significant difference between them and the top 3 teams in the country, but you can say that about every single program out there for the most part.

Somebody cover HFN's ears, but I do think they handle Oregon. I would so love to be wrong. Oregon has the talent and scheme to beat them, but they've been very underwhelming for weeks; basically since they went up to Seattle and settled business there. We can place a friendly wager on the Pac-12 Championship game if you'd like?
                        Last edited by HBCoug; 12-03-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I said Utah wouldn't beat Ohio St. I really don't see anyone other than LSU who can. I also don't think much of the Pac-12, which is why you see Utah typically winning by 30 each week lately. I do think Utah is legitimately one of the best 10 teams in the country and is hot like Hansel at the right time. There is still a significant difference between them and the top 3 teams in the country, but you can say that about every single program out there for the most part.

Somebody cover HFN's ears, but I do think they handle Oregon. I would so love to be wrong. Oregon has the talent and scheme to beat them, but they've been very underwhelming for weeks; basically since they went up to Seattle and settled business there. We can place a friendly wager on the Pac-12 Championship game if you'd like?
                          HBC is a national treasure....yes we can make out if you like. It won't hurt my standing in the church.
                          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 12-03-2019, 04:34 PM.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Love Zoolander quotes.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• About as much movement as expected. Utah 5, Oklahoma 6, and Baylor 7. According to the committee chair, the most vigorous debate between the committee members was where to place Oklahoma, Baylor, and Utah. Essentially Utah passes the eye test and Oklahoma has the better resume. So it looks like this committee favors the eye test, which means Utah is most likely getting in if they win and the top 3 all win their respective games. There is no way I see either Oklahoma or Baylor dominating the other. Bummer.

Comment

I think it is pretty clear right now that Utah is being considered as a strong team at the national level. You know, being one spot out of the playoffs and all.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X