2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    People don’t like this narrative because it exposes just how meaningless these bowl games are to the players. Sorry, Texas isn’t a better team than Utah this year, and Utah wasn’t a better team than Alabama in 2008. But the better team lost in a bowl game in both instances, so bragging rights to the winners!
    I see your point but they lost to 3 of the 4 most talented teams they played this year and the one win needed a 4th quarter comeback. They feasted on bad and average teams and lost to good teams. Given that history, it's probable they would struggle against a talented team like Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Yes, they are probably still a 2.5 point favorite. Because Vegas understands that a betting line is about expectations and not predictions.
      I seriously doubt that.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I see your point but they lost to 3 of the 4 most talented teams they played this year and the one win needed a 4th quarter comeback. They feasted on bad and average teams and lost to good teams. Given that history, it's probable they would struggle against a talented team like Texas.
        Exactly.

If the game had been close, DH might have an argument. They got destroyed.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/_CollegeRivals/s...366599168?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• If Utah is going to lose to a mediocre, perennially over-rated team, why can’t it be BYU for once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              If Utah is going to lose to a mediocre, perennially over-rated team, why can’t it be BYU for once?
              Texas was unranked. But I agree with your point.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...944421890?s=20

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...033167872?s=20

Definitely an upgrade over Tuiaki. Bring Rocky home to Provo!
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Really, going back to Brady Hoke? What a weird turn of events.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Really, going back to Brady Hoke? What a weird turn of events.
                    similar to usu with gary anderson.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Joe Burrow is a good football player.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Joe Burrow is a good football player.
                        But Clemson's Tiger Rag is better.

Comment

• Pretty fun game to watch. Burrow is pretty impressive. Wasn't expecting him to have the scrambling and running ability he displayed. They said he was completing 90% of his passes against a 3-man rush. And he didn't even face BYU.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• It is enjoyable to see Dabo lose.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• It's interesting to see the mood here since the game. The Gamecocks fans are elated, and the Clemson fans are bitching about that one missed call in the first half where the receiver's hand touched outside. I saw someone post something that said "Telling me to root for the Tigers because they are from South Carolina is like telling me to root for the Devil because he's in the Bible."

It's going to be a long week.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                It's interesting to see the mood here since the game. The Gamecocks fans are elated, and the Clemson fans are bitching about that one missed call in the first half where the receiver's hand touched outside. I saw someone post something that said "Telling me to root for the Tigers because they are from South Carolina is like telling me to root for the Devil because he's in the Bible."

It's going to be a long week.
                                Ha, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X