No announcement yet.

2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have enjoyed this season very much so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Utah is not beating Oregon. If they do, I will take great pleasure watching Ohio St. lay 70 on them. The PAC 12 is weak.

I think the top 3 will stay the same. The domination of Michigan and hopefully Wisconsin will solidify them in the top spot. It all depends on how much LSU beats Georgia by, but I am not sure it will matter. The only open spot is 4. If the SEC title game is close there is still a chance Georgia gets in above PAC 12 Champ Utah. Which will be enjoyable to watch Utes cry for not getting in..

I could also see Oklahoma and Baylor both jumping over Utah in the 5th and 6th spot in this week’s rankings as a prelude for the Big 12 getting in over PAC 12 champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ohio State would win, but no one in the country is going to hang 70 on the Utes.

I don't see a 2 loss Georgia team getting in over a 1 loss conference champ.

Shockingly, Chris Petersen has now stepped down at Washington.
      https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-...185758540.html
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Predictions:

* Peterson to SC
        *Leach to SEC - Ole Miss is best of the 3 openings, IMO
        * Whit to Seattle - this is more a hope than a prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          Ohio State would win, but no one in the country is going to hang 70 on the Utes.

Whoa. Unexpected. He says he wants to "recharge." So he takes a year off and goes somewhere after that. I assume he stays out west. Didn't he grow up outside of the Bay area? Stanford or Cal maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Predictions:

* Peterson to SC
            *Leach to SEC - Ole Miss is best of the 3 openings, IMO
            * Whit to Seattle - this is more a hope than a prediction.
            Seattle hired Jimmy Lake, Peters(e)n is going to hang around the UW AD office as an adviser.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Seattle hired Jimmy Lake, Peters(e)n is going to hang around the UW AD office as an adviser.
              Interesting. I just saw the initial tweet. Now I’m back to hoping for Urban to SC

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Ok, maybe.. just maybe a little ambitious. 50.. They’ll hang 50. The Utes have played no one. Only team ranked in the top 25 is SC and they lost to them.

Utah is a paper tiger. Hopefully we get a chance to see what happens.

Comment

• Utah vs. tOSU? We would all be buckeye fans if that happened.

Utah getting in the playoffs and getting destroyed in the first game might be better than them getting snubbed and playing in the Rose Bow. But still not as good as an Oregon victory this week.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    Ok, maybe.. just maybe a little ambitious. 50.. They’ll hang 50. The Utes have played no one. Only team ranked in the top 25 is SC and they lost to them.

Utah is a paper tiger. Hopefully we get a chance to see what happens.

2 touchdowns not 50. Ohio state has not played anyone outside the Big 10 so we don't really know how good they are either. I do think they are better than Utah but not anywhere near 50 points better. That is myopic.

Edit: I think tOSU is 2 tds better and probably score between 25 and 35 points
                    Last edited by Flystripper; 12-02-2019, 01:40 PM.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Ha, BYU is uofutah's most notable win.

For Georgia, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor, real pain might be right around the corner

And if it’s a 12-1 Utah, that would seem the most painful, for it has been one soaring season in Salt Lake City, beginning with what could factor as a key nonconference win against a BYU that finished 7-5 and beat two ranked teams itself.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        It's surprising how far UW fell from grace during the season. I thought they looked better than Utah when we played each of them. They should've been Utah's best win. Maybe it's a conspiracy between Oregon, UW, and BYU to make sure Utah doesn't get selected? How else could you explain the USF, Toledo, and SDSU games?
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          2 touchdowns not 50. Ohio state has not played anyone outside the Big 10 so we don't really know how good they are either. I do think they are better than Utah but not anywhere near 50 points better. That is myopic.

Edit: I think tOSU is 2 tds better and probably score between 25 and 35 points
                          Not sure why playing only in the Big 10 would be considered an issue. They have 6 teams in the top 25 alone and has beat 3 while they were in the top 10. The SEC has 5 in the top 25.

Utah is inflated from a very weak conference and lost to the only ranked team in their division that is 8-4 on the season . Oregon the only other team will end up beating them but if for some miracle, they pull it out, they will get ass-stomped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Utah vs. tOSU? We would all be buckeye fans if that happened.

Utah getting in the playoffs and getting destroyed in the first game might be better than them getting snubbed and playing in the Rose Bow. But still not as good as an Oregon victory this week.

Comment

• 2019 College Football Thread

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Not sure why playing only in the Big 10 would be considered an issue. They have 6 teams in the top 25 alone and has beat 3 while they were in the top 10. The SEC has 5 in the top 25.

Utah is inflated from a very weak conference and lost to the only ranked team in their division that is 8-4 on the season . Oregon the only other team will end up beating them but if for some miracle, they pull it out, they will get ass-stomped.

Incestuous rankings. You have to prove it with OOC games. The sec and acc have the same issue. Touting wins against other teams in their conference that play nobody out of conference to prove they are good but is not a good predictor of how they will fare in a post season game. The writers think they are good based on reputation, but that does not mean shit other than bragging rights.

Last edited by Flystripper; 12-02-2019, 08:01 PM.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                Incestuous rankings. You have to prove it with OOC games. The sec and acc have the same issue. Touting wins against other teams in their conference that play nobody out of conference to prove they are good but is not a good predictor of how they will fare in a post season game. The writers think they are good based on reputation, but that does not mean shit other than bragging rights.

I think the PAC was 2-0 against the mighty BIG this year. Stanford beat NW and ASU beat Michigan State. Did I miss any other matchups?

These conferences should do what basketball does with the ACC/BIG challenge. I know the PAC/BIG tried to put it together a few years ago and it blew up. But that kind of thing would be really cool in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X