Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 391 to 405 of 405

Thread: 2019 College Football Thread

  1. #391
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    People donít like this narrative because it exposes just how meaningless these bowl games are to the players. Sorry, Texas isnít a better team than Utah this year, and Utah wasnít a better team than Alabama in 2008. But the better team lost in a bowl game in both instances, so bragging rights to the winners!
    I see your point but they lost to 3 of the 4 most talented teams they played this year and the one win needed a 4th quarter comeback. They feasted on bad and average teams and lost to good teams. Given that history, it's probable they would struggle against a talented team like Texas.

  2. #392
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    50,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yes, they are probably still a 2.5 point favorite. Because Vegas understands that a betting line is about expectations and not predictions.
    I seriously doubt that.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  3. #393
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    50,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    I see your point but they lost to 3 of the 4 most talented teams they played this year and the one win needed a 4th quarter comeback. They feasted on bad and average teams and lost to good teams. Given that history, it's probable they would struggle against a talented team like Texas.
    Exactly.

    If the game had been close, DH might have an argument. They got destroyed.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  4. #394
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,633

    Default

    https://twitter.com/_CollegeRivals/s...366599168?s=19

    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  5. #395
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,345

    Default

    If Utah is going to lose to a mediocre, perennially over-rated team, why canít it be BYU for once?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #396
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    50,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    If Utah is going to lose to a mediocre, perennially over-rated team, why can’t it be BYU for once?
    Texas was unranked. But I agree with your point.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  7. #397
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,633

    Default

    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...944421890?s=20

    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  8. #398
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,256

    Default

    Really, going back to Brady Hoke? What a weird turn of events.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  9. #399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Really, going back to Brady Hoke? What a weird turn of events.
    similar to usu with gary anderson.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  10. #400

    Default

    Joe Burrow is a good football player.

  11. #401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Joe Burrow is a good football player.
    But Clemson's Tiger Rag is better.

  12. #402
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,633

    Default

    Pretty fun game to watch. Burrow is pretty impressive. Wasn't expecting him to have the scrambling and running ability he displayed. They said he was completing 90% of his passes against a 3-man rush. And he didn't even face BYU.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  13. #403

    Default

    It is enjoyable to see Dabo lose.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    Free to chain my will onto the wings of my instinct
    And wander round this box you know I'm inextricably linked
    That's right I'm free to make a sooth to catch some stuff that holds me down
    To capture my desires fashion out a viscid crown
    . . .
    I never leave I'm super free
    To fill my smiles up with the tears that I forgot
    And haunt myself beside these pretty ghosts that float my heart
    You know I'm free
    -- Shabazz Palaces: Free Press and Curl

  14. #404
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,607

    Default

    It's interesting to see the mood here since the game. The Gamecocks fans are elated, and the Clemson fans are bitching about that one missed call in the first half where the receiver's hand touched outside. I saw someone post something that said "Telling me to root for the Tigers because they are from South Carolina is like telling me to root for the Devil because he's in the Bible."

    It's going to be a long week.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  15. #405
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It's interesting to see the mood here since the game. The Gamecocks fans are elated, and the Clemson fans are bitching about that one missed call in the first half where the receiver's hand touched outside. I saw someone post something that said "Telling me to root for the Tigers because they are from South Carolina is like telling me to root for the Devil because he's in the Bible."

    It's going to be a long week.
    Ha, I like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •