No announcement yet.

2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how Utah seems to be looking past Oregon right now.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I like how Utah seems to be looking past Oregon right now.
      Link?
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Link?
        Not a link, but Solon sees it too.

Originally posted by Solon View Post
        None of this matters unless the Utes win on Friday.
        In the words of Stephen R. Covey, let's put First Things First
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Look--we as fans can never get complacent and look ahead. Focus on the game at hand.

Take my fantasy football team. I got caught looking ahead at the playoffs, and my team paid the price. I went 2-5. We just weren't focused. I figured I was out of the playoffs, and just focused on winning the next game, and BAM! A win! Then six straight wins, and I'm in the playoffs.

The lesson here is if you look ahead, you lose focus. When you focus on the task at hand, the future has a way of taking care of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
            None of this matters unless the Utes win on Friday.
            In the words of Stephen R. Covey, let's put First Things First
            Friday? Is it before or after the MAC championship game?
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Not a link, but Solon sees it too.
              I have no idea what happens with the team (other than my basic understanding of college kids), but I do sense a certain fait accompli attitude among fans, friends, family, and other f-words that might or might not describe us U of U folks. I think some of this is fueled by the media, trying to find the story.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Friday? Is it before or after the MAC championship game?
              LOL. I can't wait for the P12 Champ Game to move to Vegas.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

I have no idea what happens with the team (other than my basic understanding of college kids), but I do sense a certain fait accompli attitude among fans, friends, family, and other f-words that might or might not describe us U of U folks. I think some of this is fueled by the media, trying to find the story.

LOL. I can't wait for the P12 Champ Game to move to Vegas.
                Yup Utah is an excellent team but this game against Oregon is a 50/50 game in my opinion.

It’s a little premature to be arguing about whether OU or the Utes deserve the 4 spot. Also Georgia has a chance against LSU and that would make the argument moot.

Comment

• Man, Dabrockster is the Uncle Ted of this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Yup Utah is an excellent team but this game against Oregon is a 50/50 game in my opinion.

It’s a little premature to be arguing about whether OU or the Utes deserve the 4 spot. Also Georgia has a chance against LSU and that would make the argument moot.
                    Totally agree, which is why Utah and its fans should focus on beating Oregon for a conference championship and a Rose Bowl berth.
                    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

You know some weird fans. It's a 50/50 game. (But who would have thought we'd have a 50/50 shot to win the Pac12!?!?!). The only people I've talked to that are sure that we are going to beat Oregon and are spending their workweek scouting Ohio State's backup linebackers all live on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        You know some weird fans. It's a 50/50 game. (But who would have thought we'd have a 50/50 shot to win the Pac12!?!?!). The only people I've talked to that are sure that we are going to beat Oregon and are spending their workweek scouting Ohio State's backup linebackers all live on twitter.
                        Looking ahead. When you lose it's going to be because of these guys. At least you know who to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          First and foremost, I hate Utah and want them to lose because I genuinely can't take much more of the constant jabs from Ute fans I work with. But a close second reason why I want the Utes to lose to Oregon is that a win will validate all the pre-season hype that the local sports talk radio shows did over the summer. Luckily my coworker who listened to talk radio has moved on so I don't know what they have been like during the season. But I think the local sports talk scene (primarily 1280) are total losers who thrive on stirring up toxicity among various fan bases. Its their business model. They are awful. But the media has been bleating on about how this is their year to win the PAC-12. Plenty of my coworkers were optimistic, but guarded. I think it was pretty much expected from everyone that they should win the conference this year.

Comment

• I want Utah to lose because I want the Pac-12's business model to ultimately fail and help precipitate another major conference realignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                              First and foremost, I hate Utah and want them to lose because I genuinely can't take much more of the constant jabs from Ute fans I work with. But a close second reason why I want the Utes to lose to Oregon is that a win will validate all the pre-season hype that the local sports talk radio shows did over the summer. Luckily my coworker who listened to talk radio has moved on so I don't know what they have been like during the season. But I think the local sports talk scene (primarily 1280) are total losers who thrive on stirring up toxicity among various fan bases. Its their business model. They are awful. But the media has been bleating on about how this is their year to win the PAC-12. Plenty of my coworkers were optimistic, but guarded. I think it was pretty much expected from everyone that they should win the conference this year.
                              With all due respect, even a Utah loss vs. Oregon won't invalidate a great season.
                              11-2 and headed to a nice bowl game is a great year. I'll remember this season fondly for a long time.

Comment

With all due respect, even a Utah loss vs. Oregon won't invalidate a great season.
                                Yes it will. Total posers.

Comment

Working...
                                X