Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collie trying to find out his draft status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I have seen this argument before and I guess I just don't know what Unga has to prove in college still. Is another 1000 yards season going to make his value sky rocket? The only thing that *may* make it go higher than it is now is if he were to have 150+ games against Oklahoma, Florida State and Arizona State.

What am I missing? He is what he is a power runner that will probably have a nice NFL career.
    #1 he put on too much weight this year and lost some of his speed. Even he and his family admit that.

#2 He's gotta get back to his Freshman year to prove that year wasn't a fluke...and again he knows that and would tell you that.

#3. He won't play Running back at the next level,,,he's being projected as more of a blocking H/back type....hybrird TE/RB type.....and that's what scouts are looking at him as.

Anyone paying close attention at all this year could tell that Harvey wasn't himself until the Utah game.

The one factor that might prevent him is his academics....he's struggled from day one and has barely made it the past 2 seasons.

Unga needs to get back down his best playing weight and stay there and show scouts the Freshman Unga and not the Sophomore Unga. Most of this comes from Unga himself.

Comment

Here's why Collie won't go pro now--the same self-absorbed people who caused him to go on a mission are probably advising him now. I wonder when Austin Collie will start living his own life.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Here's why Collie won't go pro now--the same self-absorbed people who caused him to go on a mission are probably advising him now. I wonder when Austin Collie will start living his own life.

I'm guessing this is a jab at the church/BYU/his family(?) but I still don't have any clue what you mean by this.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Right, because a BYU athlete has never left school early to go pro.

I expect that he will declare for the draft, although as a BYU fan I'd like nothing more than for him to come back for his senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
            #1 he put on too much weight this year and lost some of his speed. Even he and his family admit that.

#2 He's gotta get back to his Freshman year to prove that year wasn't a fluke...and again he knows that and would tell you that.

#3. He won't play Running back at the next level,,,he's being projected as more of a blocking H/back type....hybrird TE/RB type.....and that's what scouts are looking at him as.

Anyone paying close attention at all this year could tell that Harvey wasn't himself until the Utah game.

The one factor that might prevent him is his academics....he's struggled from day one and has barely made it the past 2 seasons.

Unga needs to get back down his best playing weight and stay there and show scouts the Freshman Unga and not the Sophomore Unga. Most of this comes from Unga himself.
            reading this analysis I am reminded of a Ute even down to the grades

Chris Fu'amatu ma'afala
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
              reading this analysis I am reminded of a Ute even down to the grades

Chris Fu'amatu ma'afala
              You're right.

Unga would be a good Steeler.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Working...
              X