CUF Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUF Glitches

I was searching for a specific thread in which to point out that my affinity for jamocha shakes has been called out by the RMN administration. However, that thread (which I know to have existed at one time, because I started it) was not coming up in my search efforts. And I'm not dabrockster, so I know how to use the search feature on CS.com. I found another thread where I believe the thread I was looking for was linked. But when I clicked on the link, it took me down a strange security rabbit hole instead of to the thread.

In this post by BBB (rip!) there is a link to that thread. Does that link (the one in BBB's post--not the link below to her post) work for others?

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post260927
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Fixed it for you.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I guess in hindsight I should have kept the old domain so that I could forward traffic from the old links.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I am a dummy when it comes to searching on this site. I can't seem to find specific posts, just the thread that contains that post. But some of those threads are 50+ pages long and wading through that sucks.

Is there a way to have specific posts show up in the search results? I guess I could find the thread and then search within the thread? Is that the best way?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I am a dummy when it comes to searching on this site. I can't seem to find specific posts, just the thread that contains that post. But some of those threads are 50+ pages long and wading through that sucks.

Is there a way to have specific posts show up in the search results? I guess I could find the thread and then search within the thread? Is that the best way?
          Advanced Search -> Search single content type -> in the additional options select show results as posts. While you're at it click the save search preferences button.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

Yes. The default feature is to find threads. But you can change that. When you go to the advanced search feature you should see two blue tabs at the top of the search. Cclick on the tab to the left that says "Search Single Content type". Then down below, find the "Show Results as" section and click on "posts".
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Fixed it for you.
              Thanks.

Comment

I am checking to see if I can do a global search and replace in the database. Stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                  Advanced Search -> Search single content type -> in the additional options select show results as posts. While you're at it click the save search preferences button.
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Yes. The default feature is to find threads. But you can change that. When you go to the advanced search feature you should see two blue tabs at the top of the search. Cclick on the tab to the left that says "Search Single Content type". Then down below, find the "Show Results as" section and click on "posts".
                  Thank you both. I was using the Search Multiple Content Types tab.

Now it works. :thumbsup:

Comment

<p>
                    I&#39;m having a weird glitch since Friday. When I log into CS.com, it welcomes me, as per usual. So I know i&#39;ve succesfully logged in. But then when I try to go to some links (like &quot;New Posts&quot it shows me as logged out and won&#39;t bring up the list. Also, when i&#39;m typing a comment, it shows my font by default as Times New Roman, but when it posts, it posts in the normal vbulletin font. This is happening on mozilla, so I logged in on Chrome and it&#39;s happening there too. </p>

Comment

<p>
                      I&#39;m having a weird glitch since Friday. When I log into CS.com, it welcomes me, as per usual. So I know i&#39;ve succesfully logged in. But then when I try to go to some links (like &quot;New Posts&quot it shows me as logged out and won&#39;t bring up the list. Also, when i&#39;m typing a comment, it shows my font by default as Times New Roman, but when it posts, it posts in the normal vbulletin font. This is happening on mozilla, so I logged in on Chrome and it&#39;s happening there too. </p>
                      Have you tried clearing your catch?

Comment

Have you tried clearing your catch?
                        Cleared the cache (I think mine clears when I log out of firefox, but I manually cleared it anyway). Still doing it. Also, if I edit a post, it comes up all glitchy like the post above. That post was fine until I edited it.

Comment

Cleared the cache (I think mine clears when I log out of firefox, but I manually cleared it anyway). Still doing it. Also, if I edit a post, it comes up all glitchy like the post above. That post was fine until I edited it.
                          Never seen that behavior.

Anyone else?

Comment

Never seen that behavior. Anyone else?
                            I'll try logging in from my home computer tonight (I usually just use tapatalk when i'm at home) and see if it's happening on that computer as well. If not, maybe I have some malware or something.

Comment

Never seen that behavior.

Anyone else?
                              Haven't noticed any issues. But I'm not very observant, either.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X