Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I am not coming the game.
    There's one more.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    There's one more.
    Keep up the good work!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I just can't tolerate having The (tm) Ohio State University as the first link I see in the stadium category during rivalry week.

Bump

I can't decide whether to be happy about this or enraged.

Last edited by LVAllen; 08-26-2019 at 10:15 AM.

https://twitter.com/boneyfuller/stat...641384448?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

more funny with both parts:

Last edited by YOhio; 08-26-2019 at 10:29 AM.

I've listened to recent interviews from Grimes and Sitake. They may just be going overboard to avoid providing bulletin board material, or perhaps they're just trying to keep their boys grounded, but I didn't come away thinking that either coach was particularly impressed with where this team is at.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    more funny with both parts:

This boney joint is over my head. (Should I know that song?) Undoubtedly hilarious, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    This boney joint is over my head. (Should I know that song?) Undoubtedly hilarious, I'm sure.
    Popular song from The Greatest Showman. The utah player looks like the bearded lady that performed the song. (coincidentally LDS - her father is BYU prof IIRC).
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

B!!!!!!

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    B!!!!!!
    BOOOOOO
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

B!!!!!!
    Y!!!!!!!!!!

I still prefer that the University of Utah wins this game. A victory for the Utes would be even more exciting than catching a non-community day shiny Pokemon.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Y!!!!!!!!!!
    U!!!!!!!!!!!

COUGARS!!!!!!!!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    COUGARS!!!!!!!!

Growing up, I always thought the COUGARS was the weakest sounding part of the cheer because it came from all the old coots sitting in the Cougat Club west stands. I remember the YYYYY being the loudest because more students sat there. I wouldn't ever yell UUUUU if I was seated in the North endzone, but I'd say it under my breath, almost like a curse I didn't want my mom to hear me say.

These losses get more painful every year. But one of these years the streak is going to end, and when it does it is going to be glorious.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Fact 1: BYU has won 80% of the games I have attended (all P5 opponents other than Houston).

Fact 2: I will be in attendance Thursday.

Ergo: BYU has an 80% chance of winning on Thursday.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Fact 1: BYU has won 80% of the games I have attended (all P5 opponents other than Houston).

Fact 2: I will be in attendance Thursday.

Ergo: BYU has an 80% chance of winning on Thursday.

I haven't been paying attention to much of the local sports coverage for a while.but a co worker was listening to the Ute station or podcast that had a bunch of local reporters on there. They all seem fairly confident in a Utah win. Not sure if this is the way the local guys always are now, but I guess I'm just a little surprised at the lack of concern for an injury prone QB and RB, an inexperienced offensive line, some questions in the secondary, and a new offensive coordinator with a new system.

Dont blame them for thinking that. Utah has pulled some victories out of defeat but BYU hasnt done that since Beck to Harline.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Dont blame them for thinking that. Utah has pulled some victories out of defeat but BYU hasnt done that since Beck to Harline.
    I get that BYU is a head case in this game and KWhit is a BYU whisperer, but that isn't the argument they gave. There was literally no questions brought up about these potential problem areas for Utah. I mean they have eked it out 7 of the last 8 games. No one should blame anyone for thinking Utah will win until BYU actually pulls it off. Its just they are basing everything off of last year's performance with no considerations for whats different.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    I get that BYU is a head case in this game and KWhit is a BYU whisperer, but that isn't the argument they gave. There was literally no questions brought up about these potential problem areas for Utah. I mean they have eked it out 7 of the last 8 games. No one should blame anyone for thinking Utah will win until BYU actually pulls it off. Its just they are basing everything off of last year's performance with no considerations for whats different.
    Sadly what is different is Utah has their starting QB and RB (P12 POY candidate) back, and reportedly healthy. Thankfully, BYU has a kinda-experienced QB and their starting RB (I don't recall how far down the depth chart we were last year. But our best RB in that game played his whole college career on defense).

And that's exactly what we want them to think.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

I haven't been paying attention to much of the local sports coverage for a while.but a co worker was listening to the Ute station or podcast that had a bunch of local reporters on there. They all seem fairly confident in a Utah win. Not sure if this is the way the local guys always are now, but I guess I'm just a little surprised at the lack of concern for an injury prone QB and RB, an inexperienced offensive line, some questions in the secondary, and a new offensive coordinator with a new system.
    Moss played 35 straight games before missing the last 5 games in 2018 due to a knee injury. Not sure how that equates to "injury prone". If that is the case any player that misses any time for an injury should be labeled as such.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Moss played 35 straight games before missing the last 5 games in 2018 due to a knee injury. Not sure how that equates to "injury prone". If that is the case any player that misses any time for an injury should be labeled as such.
    I mean, he is currently in a cast so

I mean, he is currently in a cast so
    Not any more
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."