Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Accountability - Utah at BYU

Default Age of Accountability - Utah at BYU

It's been eight games since BYU won against Utah. The streak is old enough now to realize it needs to change its ways.

BYU has defensive line concerns (nothing new there) and Utah still isn't sure if Britain Covey is going to play. I predict he will, but the Utes will still start the season with a well-deserved shellacking from Zack Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    It's been eight games since BYU won against Utah. The streak is old enough now to realize it needs to change its ways.

BYU has defensive line concerns (nothing new there) and Utah still isn't sure if Britain Covey is going to play. I predict he will, but the Utes will still start the season with a well-deserved shellacking from Zack Wilson.
    My oldest son was 3 the last time BYU beat Utah. He has no recollection of what it feel like to fist pump his way to a BYU victory over the Utes. Dammit, make it right, Cougs.

BYU Cougars #1! Utah Utes #-∞!

Also, LV Allen. Dude. You killed it last season with the thread titles so imma trust you on this one. But I just don't see it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    BYU Cougars #1! Utah Utes #-∞!

Also, LV Allen. Dude. You killed it last season with the thread titles so imma trust you on this one. But I just don't see it yet.
    Though starting out the year with a sexual innuendo might be pushing it when dealing with the Holy War.

Pre-Historic Man

Baptize the Unholy Sons of Perdition! Go Cougs!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I thought it was clever
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Worked out well for the good guys last year
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Worked out well for the good guys last year
    Well, it worked out well for the good guys last year for the first three quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Well, it worked out well for the good guys last year for the first three quarters.
    Too bad it wasn’t a hockey game
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

My preference is that the University of Utah Utes win this contest. I realize that there are some here that have a different preference.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I thought it was clever
    I'm with falafel on this one.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Too bad it wasn’t a hockey game
    Shows how dumb you are, hockey doesn’t even have quarters.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    My preference is that the University of Utah Utes win this contest. I realize that there are some here that have a different preference.
    I respectfully disagree, sir.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, that's not your preference funk!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

No accounting for taste. Of course for someone immersed in Pokemon, I can see why you might have that preference.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

to the thread title!!! I'd forgotten that Utah has dominated for the past decade. Thanks for the reminder!

I haven't had season tickets for the last five years or so. I went to check by chance if there were Utah game tickets available through BYU and there seems to be quite a lot. Is that possible? How is a BYU-Utah game not sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I haven't had season tickets for the last five years or so. I went to check by chance if there were Utah game tickets available through BYU and there seems to be quite a lot. Is that possible? How is a BYU-Utah game not sold out?
    None of the ute fans I've asked so far are coming down to the game. That's part of it.

Maybe some combination of a late weeknight kickoff and school not being back in session?
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Tickets also cost double any other game. Cheapest tickets are $85. You can get $35 tickets for USC and Washington. While price isn't everything, combined with the other factors mentioned above, I can see why it isn't selling out.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    None of the ute fans I've asked so far are coming down to the game. That's part of it.
    Keep it up. We don't want any there.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Keep it up. We don't want any there.
    I shall dutifully ask every ute fan I meet if they're coming to the game.

I bought 9 mediocre seats for $125 per, and I called as soon as general Cougar Club members were able to call.

There are still plenty of seats available, but before the general public had access, I couldn't get anywhere near the lower tier on the east and West sides for my crew of 9, so it's not like there are ample seats. The seats remaining are the usual suspects: uppier tier, in the corners. With HDTV, I think I'd probably watch at home as well.
    Last edited by Green Monstah; 08-20-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Pre-Historic Man

I shall dutifully ask every ute fan I meet if they're coming to the game.
    Well done, thou good and faithful Cougar son.

Hey Funk, are you coming to the game this year?

Hey Funk, are you coming to the game this year?
    I am not coming the game.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I am not coming the game.
    TMI.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle