Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Texas - You Rock!

Default University of Texas - You Rock!

So, my HS alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Congrats UT for being a petty POS school. You have such a ego that you would actually search out logos and pick on HS’s like this.

I get it. Your teams sucks and you must find some sort of way to get a win, but seriously. You come across petty and scared by some small-town HS in Arizona who must be making MILLIONS off that logo.

Assholes.

https://www.paysonroundup.com/news/p...046f413dd.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 07-27-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    So, my alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Congrats UT for being a petty POS school. You have such a ego that you would actually search out logos and pick on HS’s like this.

I get it. Your teams sucks and you must find some sort of way to get a win, but seriously. You come across petty and scared by some small-town HS in Arizona who must be making MILLIONS off that logo.

Assholes.

One of the logos we used at PGHS was also used by the Minnesota Vikings. I'm sure we must have copied theirs. When I was looking up the history on the internets a few years back I found that high schools lift a lot of logos from both pro and college teams.

My high school uses the SMU helmet logo. I don't think they mind. We also stole the Iowa State fight song music.

Modeling a tradition of mediocrity.

Princeps Inter Pares

We at Murray High alternatively ripped off Mizzou and its “M” and Michigan State’s sparty logo.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    One of the logos we used at PGHS was also used by the Minnesota Vikings. I'm sure we must have copied theirs. When I was looking up the history on the internets a few years back I found that high schools lift a lot of logos from both pro and college teams.
    It's probably more common to rip off a logo in HS than creating their own. I'm pretty sure Alta used the Atlanta falcons logo for a while on their helmets. I don't think many organizations care to get bad PR for going after high schools. Jordan HS used a solid maroon helmet with either a stripe down the middle or a J on the side. I like the minimalist approach. I think the best helmets in college are minimalist.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    It's probably more common to rip off a logo in HS than creating their own. I'm pretty sure Alta used the Atlanta falcons logo for a while on their helmets. I don't think many organizations care to get bad PR for going after high schools. Jordan HS used a solid maroon helmet with either a stripe down the middle or a J on the side. I like the minimalist approach. I think the best helmets in college are minimalist.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    You are right about Alta.

Also, I remember discussing this before on here and someone posting a picture of a HS that used BYU's spread Y on their helmets.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    You are right about Alta.

Also, I remember discussing this before on here and someone posting a picture of a HS that used BYU's spread Y on their helmets.
    I posted that. It was Yosemite high school. I think they used that a few years. Last year when they came to town they had more of the Yale block y.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I posted that. It was Yosemite high school. I think they used that a few years. Last year when they came to town they had more of the Yale block y.
    Probably because those assholes at BYU came down on them.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

So, my HS alma-mater who has been the longhorns for over 5 decades if not more and has used a Longhorn as their logo is being bullied by UT and forced to change their logo..

Assholes.

Probably was retribution for when the University of Arizona bullied my kids' Texas high school to stop using their logo some years ago.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Haha. Why am I not surprised that an Ohio State fan is upset about having to follow rules?

They should change their mascot to a lion. Payson Lions rule.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

LOL. You make it sound like UT is the only school that has ever done this.

Many, many colleges have been "cease and desist"ing high schools for years

Here is an article from 2015

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/tradem...logos-mascots/

If some HS was stupid enough to call themselves the Buckeyes and copy Ohio State, you better believe that OSU would be all over that ceasing and desisting.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    LOL. You make it sound like UT is the only school that has ever done this.

Many, many colleges have been "cease and desist"ing high schools for years

Here is an article from 2015

If some HS was stupid enough to call themselves the Buckeyes and copy Ohio State, you better believe that OSU would be all over that ceasing and desisting.
    They kind of have to, if I remember my IP law correctly, to protect their property. If another college comes along and used the longhorn and UT objects, the college could claim they haven't been protecting it in the past.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm pretty sure BYU's stretch Y has been "borrowed" by some schools.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

I don’t know if the Payson issue makes UT a-holes, but this does: https://www.google.com/amp/s/austin....ut-taco-palace
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I don’t know if the Payson issue makes UT a-holes, but this does: https://www.google.com/amp/s/austin....ut-taco-palace
    Mmm... those look delish.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. Why am I not surprised that an Ohio State fan is upset about having to follow rules?

They should change their mascot to a lion. Payson Lions rule.
    Haha.. Why am I not surprised some UT suck-up chimes in to defend those asshats.. Shove you UT apologist!!

You know what is ironic. They are now using the Block “P”, which looks exactly like Purdue’s Block “P” they use.

Haha.. Why am I not surprised some UT suck-up chimes in to defend those asshats.. Shove you UT apologist!!

You know what is ironic. They are now using the Block “P”, which looks exactly like Purdue’s Block “P” they use.

I too like the salty dab.

Nobody gives a crap about purdue’s block P. I am sure they will be fine.

That longhorn logo is the most valuable trademark in college sports. They would be stupid not to protect it.

Nobody gives a crap about purdue’s block P. I am sure they will be fine.

That longhorn logo is the most valuable trademark in college sports. They would be stupid not to protect it.
    Most Valuable logo?!?? STFU with that shit!! It’s a cow with horns for fuck-sakes.. No doubt they stole it from some Texas ranchers..

Good Lord JL..

Why not? They regularly top apparel sales rankings.

Princeps Inter Pares

Most Valuable logo?!?? STFU with that shit!! It’s a cow with horns for fuck-sakes.. No doubt they stole it from some Texas ranchers..

Good Lord JL..

Yeah, there is no way JL is not 100% right on this one bro.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

A few years ago, JL would be 100% right, but with aTm’s huge revenue boost, there’s an argument that the Horns are the second-most valuable logo, but going from 1 to 2 doesn’t weaken JL’s argument much.

My guess is a CFP appearance by the Horns would put them back in the top spot.

Ya’ll are just a bunch of JL suckup’s and Texas is wallowing in mediocrity and has to find ways to get a win.

Congrats on the victories against HS’s..

Ya’ll are just a bunch of JL suckup’s and Texas is wallowing in mediocrity and has to find ways to get a win.

'Member that time Ohio State went after a chicken farm?

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnews...g-to-the-birds
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Or you could be wrong.

As Falafel said, their hands are tied. They could lose valuable IP rights if they don’t enforce those rights. Lots of universities and pro teams have done the same, but it must suck to be personally affected by it.

Don't a lot of high schools license their logos from College or Pro teams for $1 (or some other insignificant amount)? That way they can protect their IP while not being jerks about it.

I thought that is what BYU did with the Oklahoma school that was using an oval Y with a different color.

DB, stop digging deeper and read the article that LiveCoug linked.

Default University of Texas- You Suck

DB, stop digging deeper and read the article that LiveCoug linked.

I read it and understood that each school could come up with some sort of fee or compromise but UT created an office to go after schools. Greedy bastards. As I said, UT’s ego is so driven they cannot see any alternative other than to pursue cease and desist orders. Instead of seeking a fee which would secure their licensing and ownership with a written agreement with schools, which would would e the best solution.. Nope. UT has to be the only one even if such schools have had their logo for over 5 decades.

I found the article makes no mention of Ohio St. nor did I find anything when doing search (Chicken Farms not withstanding..). I am guessing Ohio St. is a bit more compromising and not ego driven. And sees the benefit of their logo or color schemes used by HS’s.

But you go ahead and stick to this being a only solution for UT.

Last edited by dabrockster; 07-28-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Lol. Ok.

I found the article makes no mention of Ohio St. nor did I find anything when doing search (Chicken Farms not withstanding..). I am guessing Ohio St. is a bit more compromising and not ego driven. And sees the benefit of their logo or color schemes used by HS’s.

But you go ahead and stick to this being a only solution for UT.

Also could be that no one wants a lame ass block O as their logo.