University of Texas - You Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. Why am I not surprised that an Ohio State fan is upset about having to follow rules?

They should change their mascot to a lion. Payson Lions rule.
    Haha.. Why am I not surprised some UT suck-up chimes in to defend those asshats.. Shove you UT apologist!!

You know what is ironic. They are now using the Block “P”, which looks exactly like Purdue’s Block “P” they use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Haha.. Why am I not surprised some UT suck-up chimes in to defend those asshats.. Shove you UT apologist!!

You know what is ironic. They are now using the Block “P”, which looks exactly like Purdue’s Block “P” they use.

I too like the salty dab.

Comment

Nobody gives a crap about purdue’s block P. I am sure they will be fine.

That longhorn logo is the most valuable trademark in college sports. They would be stupid not to protect it.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Nobody gives a crap about purdue’s block P. I am sure they will be fine.

That longhorn logo is the most valuable trademark in college sports. They would be stupid not to protect it.
          Most Valuable logo?!?? STFU with that shit!! It’s a cow with horns for fuck-sakes.. No doubt they stole it from some Texas ranchers..

Good Lord JL..

Comment

Why not? They regularly top apparel sales rankings.

Comment

Most Valuable logo?!?? STFU with that shit!! It’s a cow with horns for fuck-sakes.. No doubt they stole it from some Texas ranchers..

Good Lord JL..

Yeah, there is no way JL is not 100% right on this one bro.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

A few years ago, JL would be 100% right, but with aTm’s huge revenue boost, there’s an argument that the Horns are the second-most valuable logo, but going from 1 to 2 doesn’t weaken JL’s argument much.

My guess is a CFP appearance by the Horns would put them back in the top spot.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Ya’ll are just a bunch of JL suckup’s and Texas is wallowing in mediocrity and has to find ways to get a win.

Congrats on the victories against HS’s..

Comment

Ya’ll are just a bunch of JL suckup’s and Texas is wallowing in mediocrity and has to find ways to get a win.

'Member that time Ohio State went after a chicken farm?

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnews...g-to-the-birds
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Or you could be wrong.

As Falafel said, their hands are tied. They could lose valuable IP rights if they don’t enforce those rights. Lots of universities and pro teams have done the same, but it must suck to be personally affected by it.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Don't a lot of high schools license their logos from College or Pro teams for $1 (or some other insignificant amount)? That way they can protect their IP while not being jerks about it.

I thought that is what BYU did with the Oklahoma school that was using an oval Y with a different color.

Comment

DB, stop digging deeper and read the article that LiveCoug linked.

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/tradem...logos-mascots/
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

University of Texas- You Suck

DB, stop digging deeper and read the article that LiveCoug linked.

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/tradem...logos-mascots/
                            I read it and understood that each school could come up with some sort of fee or compromise but UT created an office to go after schools. Greedy bastards. As I said, UT’s ego is so driven they cannot see any alternative other than to pursue cease and desist orders. Instead of seeking a fee which would secure their licensing and ownership with a written agreement with schools, which would would e the best solution.. Nope. UT has to be the only one even if such schools have had their logo for over 5 decades.

I found the article makes no mention of Ohio St. nor did I find anything when doing search (Chicken Farms not withstanding..). I am guessing Ohio St. is a bit more compromising and not ego driven. And sees the benefit of their logo or color schemes used by HS’s.

But you go ahead and stick to this being a only solution for UT.

Last edited by dabrockster; 07-28-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Lol. Ok.

Comment

I found the article makes no mention of Ohio St. nor did I find anything when doing search (Chicken Farms not withstanding..). I am guessing Ohio St. is a bit more compromising and not ego driven. And sees the benefit of their logo or color schemes used by HS’s.

But you go ahead and stick to this being a only solution for UT.

Also could be that no one wants a lame ass block O as their logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X