Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey Epstein, billionaire convicted/recharged felon

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/n...gtype=Homepage

This story will be with us for a while, and may have far reaching effects.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 07-09-2019, 12:49 PM. Reason: typo
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

I tweaked the title to be more friendly to corporate filters.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Jeffrey Epstein’s Sick Story Played Out for Years in Plain Sight

How did the New York financier stay nearly untouchable for decades? Vicky Ward—who has reported extensively on Epstein, on efforts to rehabilitate him—finds out what’s changed.
      [...]
      Epstein’s name, I was told, had been raised by the Trump transition team when Alexander Acosta, the former U.S. attorney in Miami who’d infamously cut Epstein a non-prosecution plea deal back in 2008, was being interviewed for the job of labor secretary. The plea deal put a hard stop to a separate federal investigation of alleged sex crimes with minors and trafficking.

“Is the Epstein case going to cause a problem [for confirmation hearings]?” Acosta had been asked. Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)
      [...]
      But much worse was to come from Epstein’s army of willfully blind lobbyists. In 2007 and 2008, as the FBI prepared a 53-page indictment that would charge Epstein with sex crimes, Epstein’s powerful legal team played the influence card.

After the one meeting with then-U.S. Attorney Acosta, where presumably “intelligence” was mentioned, the indictment was shelved and, instead, Epstein signed a non-prosecution agreement with federal prosecutors, pleading guilty to one count of solicitation of prostitution and one count of procurement of minors for prostitution, which earned him a cushy 13 months in county jail, from where he was allowed to leave to work at his office and go for walks.
      [...]
      https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...in-plain-sight

WTF... Was Epstein working for the frick'n CIA?
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...in-plain-sight

WTF... Was Epstein working for the frick'n CIA?
        Ha. This is right out of a James Ellroy novel.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Holman Jenkins assuming the thankless task of defending Acosta and highlighting the political motives.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a..._copyURL_share

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

LOL@SenSchumer:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

“HE SAID NOT TO TELL ANYONE”: HOW TRUMP KEPT TABS ON JEFFREY EPSTEIN

In the months before he ran for president, Donald Trump was in conversation with National Enquirer owner David Pecker about his old acquaintance, Jeffrey Epstein, and how his sexual abuse scandal might affect the Clintons. “Trump said that Pecker had told him that the pictures of Clinton that Epstein had from his island were worse,” recalls a former Trump Organization employee.
              [...]
              https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...effrey-epstein

Didn't they find a crap-ton of pictures in Epstein's safe?
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                So Trump's a good guy in this? Ted, you can't seriously believe that. Epstein's phone had something 15 different numbers for Trump. Epstein recruited "models," from Ma-a-lago. It wasn't until Epstein was getting into trouble that Trump put him at a distance. Don't you remember that before Trump decided to be a republican, he used to be friends with the Clinton's?
                Also we know from multiple sources Trump peeped on naked teens at his pagents.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  So Trump's a good guy in this? Ted, you can't seriously believe that. Epstein's phone had something 15 different numbers for Trump. Epstein recruited "models," from Ma-a-lago. It wasn't until Epstein was getting into trouble that Trump put him at a distance. Don't you remember that before Trump decided to be a republican, he used to be friends with the Clinton's?
                  Can we just all agree that Donald Trump and Bill Clinton are at best dirty old men and hope that neither of them were involved in sex trafficking of minors? I think they are both equally gross, but I would very much like for our living presidents not to have done something so heinous.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I never said that Drumpf is a good guy in this... I would love nothing more than to have Drumpf impeached so that Mike Pence could take over as president. Pence is a cool cat and doesn't have the womanizing problems we see with Clinton, etc.

As for Epstein and Ma-a-lago didn't Drumpf kick his ass out?

WATCH: Best-Selling Author Reveals Why Trump Kicked Epstein Out Of Mar-A-Lago

Best-selling author James Patterson — who wrote "Filthy Rich: The Billionaire's Sex Scandal--The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein" — told Fox News on Tuesday that then-private citizen Donald Trump threw alleged pedophile Jeffrey Epstein out of Mar-a-Lago after he was notified about complaints being made against Epstein.
                    [...]
                    Patterson responded: "Well, I know that there were some complaints about Epstein at Mar-a-Lago and also I spoke to the head of the spa there. I said ‘did you ever meet Epstein?’ She said, 'oh yes... he was inappropriate with some of the younger women there.' She said she went to Trump and he threw him out of the club."

At another point in the interview, Patterson said he "knows Trump didn't know" about Epstein's alleged criminal activity.
                    https://www.dailywire.com/news/49325...-ryan-saavedra

It seems that Drumpf and Epstein weren't that good of friends... it is not like he flew on Epstein's plane 27 times with underage girls or something. Besides Drumpf has his own planes.

No 'we' don't know... Besides what does any of that have to do with the subject at hand? Was Epstein involved with this?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Can we just all agree that Donald Trump and Bill Clinton are at best dirty old men and hope that neither of them were involved in sex trafficking of minors? I think they are both equally gross, but I would very much like for our living presidents not to have done something so heinous.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes I completely agree! Creepy predators. I’m fearful they may have involved but I hope not.

Comment

Yes I completely agree! Creepy predators. I’m fearful they may have involved but I hope not.
                        I think that is the general consensus of the board. I hope all the pedophiles who joined with Epstein on his island or jet in any type of pedophilia get their just desserts. I don't care what letter they may have by their name.
                        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Good grief, it looks like Epstein had at least one woman who helped find and groom young victims. Horrifying.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Good grief, it looks like Epstein had at least one woman who helped find and groom young victims. Horrifying.
                            Yeah, this all looks very sick... The question I have is why did they let this guy off easy the last time back in 2008. It seems then-U.S. Attorney Acosta got shutdown from higher up and Epstein just got a slap on the wrist. Epstein was either working for the CIA or had some friends in high places looking out for him. In any case, it will be interesting to see what they nail him with this time. Hopefully life locked away. They have already denied him bail so that is a good sign so far.

And then there is the association with "Slick Willy"...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              So wait... This woman, Epstein's "madam" and ex-girlfriend/lover, is a good friend of the Clintons?

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton pictured with Jeffrey Epstein's social fixer at Chelsea's wedding AFTER severing links with disgraced pedophile

• Ghislaine Maxwell is accused in court papers of procuring girls for her former boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein which she vehemently denies
                              • Bill Clinton had ties to Epstein, who flew the ex-president to Africa on his private jet before the allegations were made
                              • Epstein was arrested in 2006 and was sentenced to 18 months in jail in 2008, serving 13 months
                              • Clinton did not cut ties to Maxwell and she was a guest at Chelsea Clinton's wedding in 2010
                              • Rarely-pictured Jeffrey Epstein has kept a low profile and eschewed public events
                              • But he was pictured with ex-lover Ghislaine Maxwell on March 15, 2005 at a New York charity bash
                              • That same day, Palm Beach cops launched an investigation into Epstein and allegations of sexual offences with underage girls

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-wedding.html

Bill must have really liked her given this all happened long after to the crap hit the fan (i.e., sex with underage girls) with Epstein the first time.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X