We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    If you have cable/satellite TV, I think viewing is just a lot easier to go through your service provider. Depending on the provider, it can be a pain to locate the games and set the timer to record. But 99% of your games you are going to watch on TV at home, so having your normal DVR to view them is best, IMO. Not being at the mercy of the online DVR and interface is huge for me. There are some other nitpicky reasons as well. But i'll admit, i'm no cord cutter. All that hassle to save $1000 bucks a year is just dumb for anyone making decent coin.
    We will continue to have Comcast/xfinity no matter which NBA pass I choose on this.

Comment

If you have cable/satellite TV, I think viewing is just a lot easier to go through your service provider. Depending on the provider, it can be a pain to locate the games and set the timer to record. But 99% of your games you are going to watch on TV at home, so having your normal DVR to view them is best, IMO. Not being at the mercy of the online DVR and interface is huge for me. There are some other nitpicky reasons as well. But i'll admit, i'm no cord cutter. All that hassle to save $1000 bucks a year is just dumb for anyone making decent coin.
      Help me out. What is wrong with an unlimited cloud DVR?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Help me out. What is wrong with an unlimited cloud DVR?
        Not sure how it works for YTTV, etc, but for NBA league pass here's my beef. Assuming you're not watching live, it's a hassle to log in and watch the game without finding out the score. Also, as you are watching the game, you can tell if it is going to OT or not by the length of the stored video. Also, I've yet to find a online/cloud-based DVR that is as responsive as the dish DVR, which starts and stops on a dime. So wrong probably isn't the right word. But annoying is definitely the right word. Also, while DVR capacity was a problem 7-8 years ago, since then, I'v never even come close to running out of space on my Dish DVR.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not sure how it works for YTTV, etc, but for NBA league pass here's my beef. Assuming you're not watching live, it's a hassle to log in and watch the game without finding out the score. Also, as you are watching the game, you can tell if it is going to OT or not by the length of the stored video. Also, I've yet to find a online/cloud-based DVR that is as responsive as the dish DVR, which starts and stops on a dime. So wrong probably isn't the right word. But annoying is definitely the right word. Also, while DVR capacity was a problem 7-8 years ago, since then, I'v never even come close to running out of space on my Dish DVR.
          OK.

FTR, the YTTV playback is great. No lag. You can skip forward or back easily and it shows you the thumbnails so you can quickly find your spot. You can also skip in an increment that you can customize (15 sec, 30 sec). Very happy with it.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            My Kings currently suck.

I may have to reconsider my new fandom.
            I'm back on the bandwagon!

Comment

Luka vs LeBron last night was unreal. That game felt like a playoff game. Lots of fun. It's amazing that the Mavs were able to replace Dirk with Luka. Dude is a future MVP. And what Bron is doing in his 17th season is extraordinary. That coast to coast dunk where he just beat everyone down the floor and nearly tore the rim off had shades of Miami Bron. AD with a quiet 31. And finally Bald Mamba caught a body. Caruso da goat.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Luka with another great game. 29/14/15

Dude is 20. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Dude is 20. Sigh.
                  Luka and KP are going to be a problem as long as they stay healthy.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Dude is 20. Sigh.
                    He's awesome and will be a force in the NBA for a long time. But he's already got a lot of miles on his body at 20.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      He's awesome and will be a force in the NBA for a long time. But he's already got a lot of miles on his body at 20.
                      Yes, compared to a generation ago. No compared to Zion or anyone else who has been playing competitive AAU since they were 8 years old. Don't recall the site, but there was a good article a month or two ago about the wear and tear AAU is putting on today's players. Having coached my son's team for years, it was not unusual to play 4-8 games a week (and we didn't play on Sundays).

Comment

The Warriors are the second worst team in the NBA by point differential. Only the Knicks are worse.

Now Draymond will be out and this will get ugly. They were something like a 15-point underdog to Houston tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Luka vs LeBron last night was unreal. That game felt like a playoff game. Lots of fun. It's amazing that the Mavs were able to replace Dirk with Luka. Dude is a future MVP. And what Bron is doing in his 17th season is extraordinary. That coast to coast dunk where he just beat everyone down the floor and nearly tore the rim off had shades of Miami Bron. AD with a quiet 31. And finally Bald Mamba caught a body. Caruso da goat.
                          i had the thought that Luka is basically a white, 35 year old bron - and that is saying something. their size and respective skill sets are so similar. that game was incredible.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Yes, compared to a generation ago. No compared to Zion or anyone else who has been playing competitive AAU since they were 8 years old. Don't recall the site, but there was a good article a month or two ago about the wear and tear AAU is putting on today's players. Having coached my son's team for years, it was not unusual to play 4-8 games a week (and we didn't play on Sundays).
                            The gap may be narrower, but I still think Luka has more miles on him than your average AAU kid. He's been playing against grown-ass men since 14 or whatever.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hayward not sucking continues to be a huge disappointment.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                Hayward not sucking continues to be a huge disappointment.
                                You practicing voodoo funk?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X