Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Death. Taxes. And playoff PG13

Also, this bubble exposed Giannis, Kawhi and Harden. Not on LeBron’s level, nor will they ever be.

https://youtu.be/wPVOrmOGo08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Bam’s block is maybe the best defensive play I have ever seen.

Comment

• We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        Bam’s block is maybe the best defensive play I have ever seen.

It still comes in second to LeBron’s block, for me. Bigger stage, true road game, against the defending champs and best regular season team ever. And LeBron had to cover more ground. But they are 1 and 2 in my lifetime.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          It still comes in second to LeBron’s block, for me. Bigger stage, true road game, against the defending champs and best regular season team ever. And LeBron had to cover more ground. But they are 1 and 2 in my lifetime.
          LeBrons is more important, because it came in the last few minutes of a game 7 in the finals. But Bam’s block is incredible for him being really under Tatum, behind the play a step, and yet he cleanly and completely blocks the shot AND keeps the ball.

Comment

• i agree with dh that lebron's was better. but both were great. the block, which is one of the best defensive plays i've ever seen, is actually overshadowing what was one of the best playoff games i have ever seen.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              LeBrons is more important, because it came in the last few minutes of a game 7 in the finals. But Bam’s block is incredible for him being really under Tatum, behind the play a step, and yet he cleanly and completely blocks the shot AND keeps the ball.
              LeBron was behind the play 10 steps.

Ball in Curry’s hands, 10-15 feet ahead of LBJ. Igoudala is 10-15 feet across from that.

Oh, and he blocked it directly to his teammate.
              Last edited by Donuthole; 09-16-2020, 08:53 AM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I can see why people would favor Lebron's block, it was incredible, but chase down blocks are much more common than the type of block that Bam did with his off hand. Tatum's dunk was on its way down and his hand was literally the lid on the cylinder.

Comment

• Why can't we love both equally? Lebron's block stopped the juggernaut of the GSW from winning, which was great and now Lebron is a Laker which is even better. Bam's block was against the Clippers and more importantly directly against a former Dukie and also against the Celtics. Both are awesome!

I agree with SMR, that was a great game. I only caught the last 17 minutes but it was great.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• 4 years and 120 million for Gordon Hayward
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      4 years and 120 million for Gordon Hayward
                      The Hornets. Huh.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        Bam’s block is maybe the best defensive play I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I missed this conversation.

1) As much as this hurts to say, Donut is right. LBJ's was more important, and more athletically amazing

2) Bam's was about timing and incredible wrist/arm strength.

I've watched both countless times. Something I never realized until I read an article earlier this year was Lebron actually went up with his hands split so he could be prepared for Iggy to reverse and go to the other side of the rim. Lebron can be annoying at times, off the court (really? you feel a need to carry a wine glass walking around?) but he is one of the most amazing athletes to ever play any sport. To be able to chase an elite player down, and be prepared to block his shot on either side, is some cyborg-level computations.

Comment

• Interesting thread title considering the tear Zion has been on the last couple months of THIS nba season.

Rick Carlisle:
                          “He’s an unusual force and obviously a great player. We’ll have to figure something a little better out next time, but he’s doing this to everybody. We did have some very good possessions guarding him, but he was a beast.

“[He] presents huge challenges for the defense and for officials. He is just creating collisions out there. This is a Shaquille O’Neal-type force of nature with a point guard skill set...
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Elijah Bryant got six minutes for the Bucks in their last game against the Nets. He did fine defensively and grabbed a rebound, but his two shots - both from 3 - failed to hit anything but air.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                            X