Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    I actually kinda like Harden. I think it's just how he ticks everyone off for playing an awesome game that is perfectly legal.

I actually kinda like Harden. I think it's just how he ticks everyone off for playing an awesome game that is perfectly legal.
    troll
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Whoa.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I think the NBA is about to shut it all down. Players are pissed

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Whoa.
    Maybe they can replace them with some undocumented immigrants that will play for less money.

Hey, maybe the chippers will do the same... The Mavs could use some help right now.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Would be smart for the Rockets to boycott today to give Westbrook time to heal. I’m hoping the Lakers game goes on since Lillard is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

It's as if the gods don't want us to have sports.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    It's as if the gods don't want us to have sports.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Yes... The Mavs will advance! See ya in the next round Jazz.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yes... The Mavs will advance! See ya in the next round Jazz.
    Yeah, so if the Lakers and the Clippers voted not to play and the rest voted to move forward, it puts them in a bind.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Yeah, so if the Lakers and the Clippers voted not to play and the rest voted to move forward, it puts them in a bind.
    Puts who in a bind?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

doc rivers eat the poo poo
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Death. Taxes. And playoff PG13

Also, this bubble exposed Giannis, Kawhi and Harden. Not on LeBron’s level, nor will they ever be.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Death. Taxes. And playoff PG13

Also, this bubble exposed Giannis, Kawhi and Harden. Not on LeBron’s level, nor will they ever be.

https://youtu.be/wPVOrmOGo08

Bam’s block is maybe the best defensive play I have ever seen.

Default We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Bam’s block is maybe the best defensive play I have ever seen.

It still comes in second to LeBron’s block, for me. Bigger stage, true road game, against the defending champs and best regular season team ever. And LeBron had to cover more ground. But they are 1 and 2 in my lifetime.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    It still comes in second to LeBron’s block, for me. Bigger stage, true road game, against the defending champs and best regular season team ever. And LeBron had to cover more ground. But they are 1 and 2 in my lifetime.
    LeBrons is more important, because it came in the last few minutes of a game 7 in the finals. But Bam’s block is incredible for him being really under Tatum, behind the play a step, and yet he cleanly and completely blocks the shot AND keeps the ball.

i agree with dh that lebron's was better. but both were great. the block, which is one of the best defensive plays i've ever seen, is actually overshadowing what was one of the best playoff games i have ever seen.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Default We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    LeBrons is more important, because it came in the last few minutes of a game 7 in the finals. But Bam’s block is incredible for him being really under Tatum, behind the play a step, and yet he cleanly and completely blocks the shot AND keeps the ball.
    LeBron was behind the play 10 steps.

Ball in Curry’s hands, 10-15 feet ahead of LBJ. Igoudala is 10-15 feet across from that.

Oh, and he blocked it directly to his teammate.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 09-16-2020 at 08:53 AM.

I can see why people would favor Lebron's block, it was incredible, but chase down blocks are much more common than the type of block that Bam did with his off hand. Tatum's dunk was on its way down and his hand was literally the lid on the cylinder.

Why can't we love both equally? Lebron's block stopped the juggernaut of the GSW from winning, which was great and now Lebron is a Laker which is even better. Bam's block was against the Clippers and more importantly directly against a former Dukie and also against the Celtics. Both are awesome!

I agree with SMR, that was a great game. I only caught the last 17 minutes but it was great.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf