Thread: Missing U of U Student

Default Missing U of U Student

This girl's family are going through everyone's worst nightmare, just a horrible story.

https://apnews.com/50070da334324e7c8...&utm_medium=AP

I'm curious whether the police would have found and caught this guy without the contractor's tip. It sounds like they had quite a bit of corroborating evidence to the point where they sent the swat team to get this guy.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Yeah, this is horrible. It has been a rough year for the university.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

So sad.

Digital technology has opened the world to all of us, including the very worst of us. People gotta be more careful.

Very good police work to nail this down so quickly.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    So sad.

Digital technology has opened the world to all of us, including the very worst of us. People gotta be more careful.

Very good police work to nail this down so quickly.
    Glad they figured it out. Police work is all about following the digital trail these days.

Prostitution has always been dangerous. Déclassé I know but I said it anyway.

I wonder if it was a disagreement over money or what. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Glad they figured it out. Police work is all about following the digital trail these days.

Prostitution has always been dangerous. Déclassé I know but I said it anyway.

I wonder if it was a disagreement over money or what. Very sad.
    I've never run into a problem. You might need a bigger sample size.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    This girl's family are going through everyone's worst nightmare, just a horrible story.

https://apnews.com/50070da334324e7c8...&utm_medium=AP

I'm curious whether the police would have found and caught this guy without the contractor's tip. It sounds like they had quite a bit of corroborating evidence to the point where they sent the swat team to get this guy.
    I think they would've. They had electronic communications. She was active on one of those sugarbaby websites, although I don't if that's how they got connected. They pinged his phone to the park when she was dropped off.

It sounds like her phone turned off permanently as soon as she got in this guy’s car at the park.

The makes me think it was probably a totally premeditated Ted Bundy thing. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    It sounds like her phone turned off permanently as soon as she got in this guy’s car at the park.

The makes me think it was probably a totally premeditated Ted Bundy thing. Ugh.
    So he knew enough to kill her phone, but not enough to make sure his own phone wasn't active as well. Lesson to all you would-be criminals--I know how many of you can pick locks--if you're planning on committing a crime, don't take your phone along with you. Duh.