Anyone watching WWC Soccer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching WWC Soccer?

Friday poses the real challenge of this World Cup for the USWNT.

The Spain game showed the US didn't adjust very well the physical play, as the finishing third was inefficient. The US back line was indecisive and weak. Dunn worries me as she was taken to the woodshed a few times against Sweden.

France has the skill to attack the US's suspect back line. What adjustments will Ellis make to create more finishes by the attacking front line?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I have been watching the highlights and as much as I can. The US did not look good yesterday. Very slow up front and holding the ball way too long. And those penalties were weak. I would not have called that second one.

Hopefully they come to play against France. If they try and sleepwalk through it like against Spain they will lose.

Comment

I watched the game yesterday but don’t know enough about soccer to analyze it. Ill just say that there was too much flopping (but at least less than the men), to much time wasted for video review and that second penalty shouldn’t have been awarded. Friday’s match will be fun to watch.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I watched the game yesterday but don’t know enough about soccer to analyze it. Ill just say that there was too much flopping (but at least less than the men), to much time wasted for video review and that second penalty shouldn’t have been awarded. Friday’s match will be fun to watch.
        VAR has ruined soccer. They need to get control over this thing.

Comment

We are going to crush the frogs!! USA USA USA
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I saw that one of the national team players protests the national anthem, so my faint spark of interest was extinguished.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              I saw that one of the national team players protests the national anthem, so my faint spark of interest was extinguished.
              LOL. Undoubtedly you feel the same way about the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                VAR has ruined soccer. They need to get control over this thing.
                I completely agree. It is a good idea gone bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  She was saved by US soccer requiring players to stand during the anthem. Prior to that, she knelt, which offended many black leaders as she was appropriating a black focused protest for her own benefit.

However, I think the USWNT players should be paid at least as much as the men’s team. I mean, the women’s team actually wins stuff.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    She was saved by US soccer requiring players to stand during the anthem. Prior to that, she knelt, which offended many black leaders as she was appropriating a black focused protest for her own benefit.

However, I think the USWNT players should be paid at least as much as the men’s team. I mean, the women’s team actually wins stuff.
                    Not viewers.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Not viewers.
                      are you sure?
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        are you sure?
                        Compared to the men.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Not sure why it matters how athletically comparable to the men they are. The thing that matters is attendance/ticket revenue and tv ratings/tv contracts aka show me the money.

And those things would suggest that there is too big of a gap. The only really huge discrepancy is between the 2 world cups. USMNT vs. USWNT is pretty comparable otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              Not sure why it matters how athletically comparable to the men they are. The thing that matters is attendance/ticket revenue and tv ratings/tv contracts aka show me the money.

And those things would suggest that there is too big of a gap. The only really huge discrepancy is between the 2 world cups. USMNT vs. USWNT is pretty comparable otherwise.
                              Could be. I don't know. I know a lot of about the US men's team, know most of their starting players, have watched maybe 6-8 matches over the past four years (none in World Cup, obviously). I don't know any of the women's players and have only watched parts of a couple games during that period.

Comment

Working...
                              X