Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missionary folklore you heard

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I thought that's what the holy of holies was for. Do all temples have one?
    Definitely not the mini ones. I had heard that only the first couple of Utah temples had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Definitely not the mini ones. I had heard that only the first couple of Utah temples had one.
    Right, but with the St. G and SLC temples getting ready to close for several years, HwbtpbofapthworeJCtgamahLoG is probably looking for some temporary replacement digs.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 07-01-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Acronym Accuracy; thanks Pelado!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Right, but with the St. G and SLC temples getting ready to close for several years, HwbofapthworeJCtgamhLoG HwbtpbofapthworeJCtgamahLoG is probably looking for some temporary replacement digs.
    fify
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    fify
    Thank you! I'm fixing my original post, i'm so embarrassed.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

fify
    I was waiting for someone else to explain DH's witty acronym, so I was happy to see someone else post. But you didn't even help!

I was waiting for someone else to explain DH's witty acronym, so I was happy to see someone else post. But you didn't even help!
    He did provide a link, so, I think that's on you.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

He did provide a link, so, I think that's on you.
    I clicked on it. Do I really need to listen to the whole JRH address to get it?

Not really. In fact, you don't even need to listen, if you can read. But if you can't read, you'll only need to listen to 21 seconds of it. (Not telling which 21 seconds--that would be lame).

I tried reading it, but it was more of a quick scan. I didn't get the witticism either.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Just heard a new one over the weekend.

My mom's co-worker's younger sister was (is?) a missionary in Oregon. The mission held a mission conference with a visiting general authority (mom didn't know who). The GA told the missionaries that the temple president recently had to instruct everyone, including cleaning and administrative staff, to leave the temple one night because the Savior had business he needed to conduct there.
    Haha. Can't believe this one is still making the rounds.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I too was confused but quickly figured it out after perusing DH's link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. Can't believe this one is still making the rounds.
    You thought Jesus' work was done?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Does Logan or Manti have a HoHs?
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Ether Bunny.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Just heard a new one over the weekend.

My mom's co-worker's younger sister was (is?) a missionary in Oregon. The mission held a mission conference with a visiting general authority (mom didn't know who). The GA told the missionaries that the temple president recently had to instruct everyone, including cleaning and administrative staff, to leave the temple one night because the Savior had business he needed to conduct there.
    I've got a second witness to this story. A fellow ward member - and a good friend - worked security at the temple on the night shift. Every night he had to make "the rounds" on the grounds and inside the temple. On a scout trip around the fire he told me that he got to check "the upper chamber" every night. He said late one night the Temple President showed up with a husband and wife and asked that he not enter the temple until he was done for the night. They were in the temple for about ninety minutes - and he didn't go in afterwards because he didn't "think" he should. I asked him a lot of questions - and he was a serious as a heart attack when he told me this story.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 07-01-2019 at 10:49 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Does Logan or Manti have a HoHs?
    No idea. But I heard Washington DC has one.