What in the world is keeping you up at night? Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Haha! Let me guess...you're both glass half-empty kind of people. I speaking the quality not quantity of how babies sleep.

What wakes me up? My alarm. I have to get to work by 0530. After a full hard day's work, falling asleep is a piece of cake. Now go dissect that metaphor.
    The glass is both half empty and half full.

Comment

"Hmm... Did I lock the back door? Pretty sure I did. Maybe I didn't. No, pretty sure I did. But what if I didn't?"

"Is it 6am yet? Did I sleep through my alarm? No, go back to sleep. But maybe the alarm went off and I didn't hear it."

"Crap, I have a ton of stuff to do this week. I wonder if I will be able to get that proposal written. I should ignore all of my email tomorrow."
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        What about lumping all liberals together as “The left,” or “leftists?”
        If you're wondering if I think that is exactly the same problem, I do. Labels are difficult, often they are used to simplify conversation, but using them risks incorrectly categorizing individuals. However, mob mentality is a reality. Bret talks about this in the documentary. If he has the opportunity to converse individually, healthy dialog is possible, but when a mob is confronting him he is at their mercy, and they don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
          If you're wondering if I think that is exactly the same problem, I do. Labels are difficult, often they are used to simplify conversation, but using them risks incorrectly categorizing individuals. However, mob mentality is a reality. Bret talks about this in the documentary. If he has the opportunity to converse individually, healthy dialog is possible, but when a mob is confronting him he is at their mercy, and they don't have any.
          poor bret
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Last night it was a liter of Dr Pepper and trying to sleep on a friend's couch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              Last night it was a liter of Dr Pepper and trying to sleep on a friend's couch.
              What kept you out of your own bed? Should that be its own thread?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                What kept you out of your own bed? Should that be its own thread?
                Dropping my daughter of at a leadership conference at Pepperdine. Our friends live only 40 minutes away from Malibu, while I live over 4 hours away. Nothing exciting to add to the reason my spouse is mad at me thread.

Comment

We're driving to Utah in the morning and the anticipation is not permitting sleep.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Tonight, it’s jet lag. Sucks, knowing i have to return to work tomorrow after a week off and, and will be very busy and tired all day

Comment

Thunderstorms last night. That's about the only thing that would keep me awake. I never lie in bed worrying about stuff. I usually hit the pillow and and gone.

Comment

Existentialism

Comment

Gravitational time dilation. I can wrap my head around time dilation caused by motion, but I am having a really hard time finding a layman's explanation for why time moves slower nearer to the source of a gravitational field that is an actual explanation rather than simply "your GPS works correctly because Einstein was right."
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Thunderstorms last night. That's about the only thing that would keep me awake. I never lie in bed worrying about stuff. I usually hit the pillow and and gone.
                            Quite a lightning show last night.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              Gravitational time dilation. I can wrap my head around time dilation caused by motion, but I am having a really hard time finding a layman's explanation for why time moves slower nearer to the source of a gravitational field that is an actual explanation rather than simply "your GPS works correctly because Einstein was right."
                              My daughter's boyfriend, who is a physics major, can't dumb it down for me either.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                I sleep right through Texas size thunderstorms anymore... I think a tornado would have to rip the roof off on my house to wake me up. Fortunately the thunderstorms keep my wife up and watching the weather for me.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X