Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Tour 2019

This sucks

Hoping it's not a serious injury. It was going to be fun to see him and Geraint go at it this year.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    This sucks

Hoping it's not a serious injury. It was going to be fun to see him and Geraint go at it this year.
    Apparently it's a femur fracture. Poor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      ouch. I hated watching him ride, but man that sucks.

Comment

I watched the Tour for several years starting with the last year that Lance Armstrong competed in it. I was pretty much wasting the entire month of July trying to keep up with my daily recordings of it. Then they had drug scandal after drug scandal and I decided to stop following it. Haven't really missed it.

I also followed the Dakar Rally (all motorized stuff, but at least as tough on competitors) for a few years, but you can only get highlights for that, so you only "waste" about half an hour per day. I've almost completely dropped out of following sports other than NBA championships when a team I like is in there. I'm seriously wondering if the Warriors can pull out another win.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          Femur, ribs and elbow. Sounds like a brutal crash. Odd thing is that it was a training run on an ITT, which makes me wonder if he just lost control or lost concentration at some point.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            I watched the Tour for several years starting with the last year that Lance Armstrong competed in it. I was pretty much wasting the entire month of July trying to keep up with my daily recordings of it. Then they had drug scandal after drug scandal and I decided to stop following it. Haven't really missed it.

I also followed the Dakar Rally (all motorized stuff, but at least as tough on competitors) for a few years, but you can only get highlights for that, so you only "waste" about half an hour per day. I've almost completely dropped out of following sports other than NBA championships when a team I like is in there. I'm seriously wondering if the Warriors can pull out another win.
            Cool story.

Comment

Femur, ribs and elbow. Sounds like a brutal crash. Odd thing is that it was a training run on an ITT, which makes me wonder if he just lost control or lost concentration at some point.
              They'd said earlier that Froome was blowing his nose and that the wind evidently caught his disc wheel and sent him sideways.

Comment

Geraint Thomas crashes out of the Criterium du Dauphine. Doesn’t sound like it’s too bad but he did abandon and was taken to the hospital. With Dumoulin still nursing a sore knee from his crash in Italy, this could be a wide open Tour de France.

Comment

Geraint Thomas crashes out of the Criterium du Dauphine. Doesn’t sound like it’s too bad but he did abandon and was taken to the hospital. With Dumoulin still nursing a sore knee from his crash in Italy, this could be a wide open Tour de France.
                  That's crazy that so many top contenders are having problems.

Comment

Merckx record for stage wins is safe, Cavendish was left off this years tour by his team. I think it was safe anyway enough if he was put on the team, his days of winning are behind him.
                    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...ark-cavendish/

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      Merckx record for stage wins is safe, Cavendish was left off this years tour by his team. I think it was safe anyway enough if he was put on the team, his days of winning are behind him.
                      http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...ark-cavendish/
                      It was disappointing they left him home, IMO. And to add to it, Renshaw just announced his retirement. The changing of the sprinting guard, I guess.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The Grand Depart from Brussels was very nice. I spent my HS years in Brussels and enjoyed watching all the landmarks on the coverage. It is amazing how much Eddy is still venerated there. The TTT course passed within half a kilometer from where I lived and about 1k from my school. I had hoped to make it there for the race, but it was not to be.

Today's stage was very interesting. Alaphilippe looked good.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          The Grand Depart from Brussels was very nice. I spent my HS years in Brussels and enjoyed watching all the landmarks on the coverage. It is amazing how much Eddy is still venerated there. The TTT course passed within half a kilometer from where I lived and about 1k from my school. I had hoped to make it there for the race, but it was not to be.

Today's stage was very interesting. Alaphilippe looked good.
                          It was a fun stage to watch. I like the stages with the punchy hills at the end. Makes it interesting.

Comment

Might have to track down and listen to Armstrong’s podcast during the race. Any subscribers here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                              Might have to track down and listen to Armstrong’s podcast during the race. Any subscribers here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I subscribe. The best thing is Hincapie and Bruyneel. I feel a bit guilty, as it’s like a dopeur hall of fame. But they do know cycling.
                              Last edited by creekster; 07-09-2019, 07:27 AM.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                              X