Clear All

• Have you stayed in a dodgy motel?

vagabond2.jpg
    Yes
    90.00%
    No
    10.00%
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

I remember staying at a motel in Sparks as a kid. The bed vibrated if you put a quarter in it.

Comment

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        The Muppets could do an awesome cover of this tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I remember staying at a motel in Sparks as a kid. The bed vibrated if you put a quarter in it.
          Sparks is pretty dodgy in general.

Comment

I stay in lots of dodgy places.

When I was dating my wife, I went to San Diego with her family. On the way there we stopped in Baker, CA and attend at the Best Motel. Place was super ghetto. I knew then that my wife would totally be ok with my inclination to be super cheap.

Comment

Dodgiest motel I’ve stayed in was an Econo-lodge in DC. We were there for a rugby tournament. The train tracks ran behind the building and the train came by so often you didn’t notice it. Across the street was a liquor store. My uncle had come up from VCU to watch the games. While waiting for me after a game in the parking lot he said the liquor store was robbed, twice.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                Dodgiest motel I’ve stayed in was an Econo-lodge in DC. We were there for a rugby tournament. The train tracks ran behind the building and the train came by so often you didn’t notice it. Across the street was a liquor store. My uncle had come up from VCU to watch the games. While waiting for me after a game in the parking lot he said the liquor store was robbed, twice.
                Sounds rustic to me.

Comment

Kanab, UT in the 80s was Mecca for dodgy hotels. My family's personal favorite was the Superior Oil Motel. If their 19.99 rooms were all booked, then we'd roll to the Brandon Motel, whose beds were less comfortable, there were more roaches, but there was a pool, IIRC.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Wow. Two people haven't stayed in a dodgy motel. Old_Gregg and who else?

Comment

bro i’ve stayed in barstow, dodgy motels are all they have
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Wow. Two people haven't stayed in a dodgy motel. Old_Gregg and who else?
                        I voted for not having that blessed experience.

When I was younger, my family pretty much only traveled to visit family and would stay with the family we were visiting. I only remember staying in a motel with my parents twice - once at some California locale on the way to Disneyland when I was around 3 years old and another time when I was 16 in Ely, Nevada when they came to pick me up after I fell asleep at the wheel and broke my neck and wrist. I don't remember enough about the California motel to classify it as dodgy, and, in spite of being in Ely, the other motel seemed fine (though the medication I had taken may have clouded my judgment).

My wife and I don't travel a lot, but when we do, she has a minimum level of acceptability because of various medical issues.

That said, our standards are probably low enough that some motels that passed her minimum level of acceptability would still be considered dodgy to the CS elite.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          bro i’ve stayed in barstow, dodgy motels are all they have

And I've been stuck there more than once. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I voted for not having that blessed experience.

When I was younger, my family pretty much only traveled to visit family and would stay with the family we were visiting. I only remember staying in a motel with my parents twice - once at some California locale on the way to Disneyland when I was around 3 years old and another time when I was 16 in Ely, Nevada when they came to pick me up after I fell asleep at the wheel and broke my neck and wrist. I don't remember enough about the California motel to classify it as dodgy, and, in spite of being in Ely, the other motel seemed fine (though the medication I had taken may have clouded my judgment).

My wife and I don't travel a lot, but when we do, she has a minimum level of acceptability because of various medical issues.

That said, our standards are probably low enough that some motels that passed her minimum level of acceptability would still be considered dodgy to the CS elite.
                            Dude, Ely in the 80s/early 90s? It was dodgy.

Comment

I can't remember the name, but it was in Kimball Ne when we went to Mrs Happy's Aunt's Funeral

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                              X