Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Utah football historians on this oard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Utah football historians on this oard?

I was at a party tonight and spent a long time talking to a former Utah coach. It was loud in the room, and I didn't catch his name when we started talking so now I'm left trying to figure out who it was.

Ray Nagel isn't LDS, is he? The gentlemen I talked to was about 80 years old, said he coached Utah from 1958-1964 and went to the Liberty Bowl in 64. I had the impression he was head coach, but that would make him Ray Nagel, and I don't think that was him. This guy also attended BYU as a student and coached Pleasant Grove High School to 3 undefeated seasons back in the day. He also mentioned he was associated with the athletic program at the U until 1994.

Anyway, I had a great time talking to him. Anyone know who he is?
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

I am not a Utah football historian, but I know how to use google. within 15 seconds, I confirmed that it was Ray Nagel. Or at least he gave you the facts for ray nagel.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Believe me, I googled. What doesn't match up is that Ray came out of southern California and played for UCLA. This guy specifically mentioned that he attended BYU - he was talkiing about how in the late 40's BYU only had about 2,500 students.

That's why I wondered if he was an assistant under Nagel.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        Believe me, I googled. What doesn't match up is that Ray came out of southern California and played for UCLA. This guy specifically mentioned that he attended BYU - he was talkiing about how in the late 40's BYU only had about 2,500 students.

That's why I wondered if he was an assistant under Nagel.
        In Ray Nagel's wiki page, it does say that Ray was a habitual liar.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          In Ray Nagel's wiki page, it does say that Ray was a habitual liar.

And he hated black people.

Comment

Working...
          X