Can you touch your toes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you touch your toes?

With your hands and with straight legs? (You know what I mean)
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    40.00%
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Not since I was 6 years old.

Comment

I wish.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yes but not comfortably at first but by the end of a warm-up I can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

that is none of your business
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I used to be able to, easily, but after 4 back operations in the last 6 years, no way now.

Comment

I had to stand up and verify. Yes, I can touch my toes if the toes offer a little help bending up toward my fingers.

Comment

Lots of liars in this poll.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Lots of liars in this poll.
                  6 or less is a lot? I’ve always tried to stay limber. For a while I could touch my nose to my knees (or as my brother once so delicately put it, view my own anus).

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    6 or less is a lot? I’ve always tried to stay limber. For a while I could touch my nose to my knees (or as my brother once so delicately put it, view my own anus).
                    2/3rd of the participants can touch their toes?? :bsflag:
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

For the record, I can put my palms on the floor and my nose on my knees. I stretch every day for 10-15 minutes.

About 10 years ago my MD mentioned that flexibility can help tall people as they age (I'm 6'6"), that it can help them not be as crooked, stiff, prone to falls, and in pain.

So I started stretching.

It took me three months to just brush my toes.

Now I can do yoga and am flexible enough for martial arts and ballet.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                        For the record, I can put my palms on the floor and my nose on my knees. I stretch every day for 10-15 minutes.

About 10 years ago my MD mentioned that flexibility can help tall people as they age (I'm 6'6"), that it can help them not be as crooked, stiff, prone to falls, and in pain.

So I started stretching.

It took me three months to just brush my toes.

Now I can do yoga and am flexible enough for martial arts and ballet.
                        How did you start? I used to be very flexible. Not so much now.

Comment

I have never EVER been flexible. And while I've been able to brush my toes if I lunge - I've never been able to leave my fingers touching them. Not even when I was running track in HS and stretching daily.

I've had back issues and hamstring issues in the past. I remember reading that if I'd stretch and get some flexibility, it would help with those things. So there was a time when I made a relatively committed effort (15 minutes a day for several weeks) and really didn't see any improvement at all.

Anyway - I'd love to hear what stretches you did, how you did them, how you built up. I do believe that flexibility means much higher quality of life as you get older. I'm just not sure where to start or how to fix where I'm at.

I've also heard that one of the tests they can do that actually predicts longevity is if you can go from sitting down cross-legged to standing up without using your hands. Here's an article that talks about it (among other things)

Comment

I stretch every day while swishing mouthwash and/or fluoride rinse. I focus on my calves and hamstrings since that's what always seems to be tightest. I'm way too fat but I can touch my toes.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I've also heard that one of the tests they can do that actually predicts longevity is if you can go from sitting down cross-legged to standing up without using your hands. Here's an article that talks about it (among other things)
                              Is that supposed to be hard?

I just flip the "upper" leg around to the side and stand. Is that cheating? Is there some other way you're supposed to be able to stand up from that position?

Comment

Working...
                              X