Yes
    77.78%
    No
    22.22%
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Eggs
    Salt
    Butter
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

not overcooked = key
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        not overcooked = key
        Yes
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Plenty of butter in the pan. Salt, pepper, and a few tablespoons of half and half mixed in with the eggs. Medium (bordering on medium high) heat when the mixture is poured on; reduce to medium-low after the first ten to fifteen seconds. Add a sauteed mixture of carmelized onions, mushrooms, and spinach, with some feta cheese on top. Meat is optional, but if you use it, make sure it is sauteed with the onions and shrooms. When the eggs are sufficiently cooked to do so, fold it over and flip a couple of times to ensure even cooking.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Here are a few key points:

1) Not too many ingredients. Aside from the primary ingredients: egg, salt, pepper, and butter, you can only pick 2-3 other things. And you're going to have to use them sparingly.

2) The swirl method is key. This helps the edge crisp and allows for perfect, non-stick folding.

3) not too much whipping of the eggs before they enter the pan. Contrary to popular belief, fluffy does not mean nearing the texture of wet styrofoam.

4) if the omelet doesn't slide out of the pan onto the plate, you've messed up

5) A little brown on the outside is ok. But just a little. This is not a crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle situation.

6) Do not overcook the eggs. If you wait until the omelet looks done in the pan, it's too late.

Follow up: do you bi-fold your omelet or tri-fold? I'm sold on the bi-fold.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

1) Not too many ingredients. Aside from the primary ingredients: egg, salt, pepper, and butter, you can only pick 2-3 other things. And you're going to have to use them sparingly.

2) The swirl method is key. This helps the edge crisp and allows for perfect, non-stick folding.

3) not too much whipping of the eggs before they enter the pan. Contrary to popular belief, fluffy does not mean nearing the texture of wet styrofoam.

5) A little brown on the outside is ok. But just a little. This is not a crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle situation.

6) Do not overcook the eggs. If you wait until the omelet looks done in the pan, it's too late.

crispy omelette??? you are a cretin
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Bi fold. I've had decent trifolds, but they were more like an eggy crepe.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Bi-fold. And I always flip the omelet in the air rather than using a turner.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    crispy omelette??? you are a cretin
                    The edge, bro. The edge.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I’ve given up omelettes for scrambles. I like scrambled eggs better, especially when you scramble them with omelet ingredients.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Yes. I like it overcooked with tons of ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I’ve given up omelettes for scrambles. I like scrambled eggs better, especially when you scramble them with omelet ingredients.
                          Quelle horreur!
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            I don't know that I've given up omelettes, but I also tend to scramble my eggs with what might traditionally be considered omelette additives.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Yes. I like it overcooked with tons of ingredients.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X