Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Swampfrog's Oregon Photography Tour

I don't want to swell your head or anything, but I am always in awe when you post your pics!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    I don't want to swell your head or anything, but I am always in awe when you post your pics!
    Thanks! My head is not swelling too much. I continue to get better, but getting better means learning from those who are better. Like with any hobby, seeing the results of the true masters is humbling.

A lot from the same subjects today, but they were particularly cooperative and gave us quite a few interesting looks.

How is it that all these animals are staring at you all the time?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    How is it that all these animals are staring at you all the time?
    Sometimes, it's just a matter of tracking with the camera and not pushing the shutter release unless they are staring. Birds in particular.

With the larger animals, what you don't see is the the crazy naturalist waving his hat, slamming the car door, clapping, and sometimes sending his kid out in the street to jump up and down.

He also uses his phone to play bird calls and uses a "pishing" vocalization that freezes them momentarily.

Also, some luck.