Swampfrog's Oregon Photography Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
    I spent this time wishing that days only consisted of 5-9 am and 6-10 pm. So that I wouldn't be driving through scenic areas in full bright sun.
    Good point. How many times did you find yourself not taking a picture because of the harsh lighting?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
      Good point. How many times did you find yourself not taking a picture because of the harsh lighting?
      It's a bit of a photo travel log, so I was shooting everything through the entire trips. Many qualify as snapshots, not great images that hold interest. If it was just a photography tour then the midday hours would often be used for scouting/napping instead of maximizing the number of locations seen.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Oh wow. I just looked at these on my computer instead of just my phone. Really nice pictures!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Oh wow. I just looked at these on my computer instead of just my phone. Really nice pictures!
              Anyone with a 4K (or better) monitor with decent contrast should click the pictures. Smugmug allows me to choose the resolution when linking to external sites, but they are clickable to get the full resolution.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Nothing quite like setting up a blind with a reliable water source that is the only one within a few miles. Great location for birders within a couple hours of Bend, OR. I will get back there in the future for sure. Too brightly sidelit for my tastes, but that's what was on the schedule.

https://www.audubon.org/news/secret-...hirsty-animals

Comment

• Northern red crossbill!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I was going to say, once I saw Fort Rock I knew you were close by SF!
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Northern red crossbill!
                          Yes, interesting adaptation with that bill. A nice looking subject though. First time to observe them for me. More coming.

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          I was going to say, once I saw Fort Rock I knew you were close by SF!
                          The 2nd trip was Home (Camas, WA) --> Malheur --> Hart Mountain --> Summer Lake --> Crater Lake --> Home

Lovely scenery.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                            Yes, interesting adaptation with that bill. A nice looking subject though. First time to observe them for me. More coming.
                            I am starting to dabble in bird-watching. Got a nice field guide the other day. Saw an interesting looking bird in my backyard the other day and figured out it was a crossbill.

Do you know most of the species of these birds you photograph?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am starting to dabble in bird-watching. Got a nice field guide the other day. Saw an interesting looking bird in my backyard the other day and figured out it was a crossbill.

I should probably do this. We get so many different birds coming through our yard.

Comment

Only because I had a naturalist with me that identifies them all. I'm mostly clueless, but learning. He's a walking encyclopedia of flora, fauna, and geologic history. He also has ALS and has had to stop leading tours (which was his only source of income). Great guy who has sent every penny of excess to families he sponsors around the world. Lives in my general area, and we're dropping boxes of food by now (through church connections to area resources). Has nothing and can barely pay rent (because of friends). Can't even hardly to get out to shop because of the danger of a fall.

I currently can't get out with him to the local refuge because my FIL is staying with us and extended family has agreed to no external contact while he's with us. Stupid pandemic is devastating.

Comment

Working...
                                X