Swampfrog's Oregon Photography Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I just want to move to Oregon and become SwampFrog's apprentice. I would even carry all his gear.
    Standing offer. I'll meet anyone in the NW (especially near Portland--I'm actually just across the river in WA) or visiting the area for a day of shooting. Happy to share what I know.

Comment

• Is that a potato chip in the first bird’s mouth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
        Is that a potato chip in the first bird’s mouth?
        Ruffles have ridges

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
          Is that a potato chip in the first bird’s mouth?
          Yes, this is the Crater Lake area which has a ton of tourists. Some wildlife is attracted because of irresponsible humans feeding them.

This can be a sore point with some nature photographers. Use of bait or use other methods to capture images is looked down upon in some circles. I wasn't feeding, though I was using it as an opportunity to attempt catching birds in flight (next batch).

Comment

• Comment

• Last batch. Somewhat staged scene from previously captured (but not harmed) creatures. Just returned from another 9 day trip. Yellowstone -> Teton -> Leslie Gulch -> Cabin Lake Bird Blinds -> Malheur -> Steens -> Summer Lake. At least I think that's the order. It will be a different thread. Had a 500mm with me, and skies were hazy, so mostly did close wildlife and scenics rather that sweeping landscapes. I think I have about 6K images to look through (might be more).

Comment

• How did you get the snake to pose for you like that? Was he a diva - or was he easy to work with. Some snakes has bad attitudes.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  How did you get the snake to pose for you like that? Was he a diva - or was he easy to work with. Some snakes has bad attitudes.
                  Snakes aren’t that bad. Really, you just have to pay their retainer and make sure they are licensed in your jurisdiction, and they’ll do whatever you want.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Snakes aren’t that bad. Really, you just have to pay their retainer and make sure they are licensed in your jurisdiction, and they’ll do whatever you want.
                    I thought you were going to go with the Satan angle...and you did!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                      How did you get the snake to pose for you like that? Was he a diva - or was he easy to work with. Some snakes has bad attitudes.
                      You just kind of wrap him around the stick, and then use your hands to prevent him from moving. Well, that what the guide did anyway. I just stood there and took pictures, trying to get focus on the head before he moved again.

Comment

Working...
                      X