X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• All very cool pictures. There's a guy at work who always wears bright neon sneakers. Now I know the look he's going for.

Comment

• Comment

• This nest was too far away for good images, but here's an inbound peregrine.

Comment

• Just don't stand below that cliff face.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow, amazing shots to catch the birds on the wing. What kind of settings did you use for those? And the seagull with the starfish... I've never heard of seagulls flying off with starfish, let alone eating them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                      Wow, amazing shots to catch the birds on the wing. What kind of settings did you use for those? And the seagull with the starfish... I've never heard of seagulls flying off with starfish, let alone eating them.
                      Likely 1/1600 or 1/2000 for the flying birds (you can click on any image and then click on the photo details icon). The naturalist said it was fairly common for gulls (they will eat about anything), but I was very happy with that shot when I captured it and it was sharp. I had the 2x converter on the 70-200 and it's not the most reliable combination for flying birds. Had decent contrasty light so I was willing to try it. Normally, I'll only shoot flight with the 1.4x attached, but it doesn't have enough reach in most cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                        Likely 1/1600 or 1/2000 for the flying birds (you can click on any image and then click on the photo details icon). The naturalist said it was fairly common for gulls (they will eat about anything), but I was very happy with that shot when I captured it and it was sharp. I had the 2x converter on the 70-200 and it's not the most reliable combination for flying birds. Had decent contrasty light so I was willing to try it. Normally, I'll only shoot flight with the 1.4x attached, but it doesn't have enough reach in most cases.
                        Thanks. I forgot that you have them linked to your website.

Comment

• Comment

• Painted Hills shots were organic and beautiful. As I get older and older, I look at those pictures and think, "Am I the only one who thinks this is truly beautiful? Do others see this as background landscape?" We just barely learn how to appreciate the beauty of the earth and then we die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              Painted Hills shots were organic and beautiful. As I get older and older, I look at those pictures and think, "Am I the only one who thinks this is truly beautiful? Do others see this as background landscape?" We just barely learn how to appreciate the beauty of the earth and then we die.
                              A combination of age and some artistic exposure is my guess. I can even make the drive from Portland, OR to Rexburg, ID and no longer be just passing time in the areas I previously considered a wasteland. (Pretty much everything east of the Cascades.)

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X