Clear All

• Would you survive a bear attack?

Well, would you?
    Yes
    38.10%
    No
    61.90%
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Assuming I was hiking with someone I can outrun, yes.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      Well, would you?
      Black bear, brown bear, polar bear, panda bear, teddy bear, or grizzly bear?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

This was the professor for my animal behavior class. Attacked in Alaska by a brown bear when he surprised her and her cub on the trail rounding a corner. Lucky to get away with half his face left.

I’m not sure anyone can answer the question. Sure you can play the percentages depending on which species you’re faced off with, but nature is a crazy, unpredictable thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

If the dad's girlfriend on Parent Trap can then I think most of us can.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            This was the professor for my animal behavior class. Attacked in Alaska by a brown bear when he surprised her and her cub on the trail rounding a corner. Lucky to get away with half his face left.

I’m not sure anyone can answer the question. Sure you can play the percentages depending on which species you’re faced off with, but nature is a crazy, unpredictable thing.

Yikes. That is scary.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Yikes. That is scary.
              i agree, couldn’t he find a better plastic surgeon?
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                i agree, couldn’t he find a better plastic surgeon?
                Not in 1977.

When looking up the story, I was mistaken about Alaska, where he was doing his research when I knew him, but the attack was in Yellowstone. Pretty grizzly details here.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...04a41ce50.html

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

No.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I doubt it - but I do believe in miracles - it would take one

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Not in 1977.

When looking up the story, I was mistaken about Alaska, where he was doing his research when I knew him, but the attack was in Yellowstone. Pretty grizzly details here.

Too soon.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Not in 1977.

That is a wild story. He is lucky to be alive.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Too soon.
                        It was 40 years ago. If we can't joke about it now, then the terrorists have won.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          It was 40 years ago. If we can't joke about it now, then the terrorists have won.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I know a guy who had an encounter with a grizzly. He emptied his .454 Casull into the bear as it charged, and the bear died just as it landed on him. The guy's wife was a little behind him and watched the whole thing play out.

Comment

I backpack in bear country. Most people survive bear encounters/attacks but my wife still thinks that will be my demise.
                              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                              X