Hat Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Yeah, as I was putting together that list those two items, plus church, stood out the most to me as where I would probably take off my hat, if I was a hat wearer, which I'm not.
    I would include during church services, but not simply entering into a church building.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Those look like normal hats
      Sounds like something a dad would say.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        I agree with your general conclusion, but have bolded a couple areas where I think hat etiquette is still relevant.
        Definitely during the National Anthem!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Sounds like something a dad would say.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          At least someone got the joke.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I'm flat bill snapback.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

I do not like soft floppy baseball hats mostly because they are not deep enough and don’t securely fit my head. The bill can be flat or have a slight natural bend but the most important quality for me is the deepness of the actual hat portion regardless of the bill type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                I'm flat bill snapback.
                Whatever it takes to make you feel young.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  Whatever it takes to make you feel young.
                  I am young!
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I am young!
                    ish.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      I have never caught on to the flat bill thing. Back in my Little League days (it was called The Great Society for a reason), we worked on getting the perfect arch in the bill, which I still endorse. Old guys like me with the flat bill look wrong to me.
                      Anyone over 40 (and half the people under 40) wearing a flat bill hat looks like a huge dork.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Anyone over 40 (and half the people under 40) wearing a flat bill hat looks like a huge dork.
                        This is what people who can't pull off a flat bill say.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

i usually take my fedora off when inside or in the company of females
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Ha. This is actually true. I don't love the flatbill, but some of these hats are built like tanks these days, so you have no real choice.

I made turning a new, rigid, 100% wool New Era 5950 into a fitted, curved-bill masterpiece in a month's time in the 90s and early 2000s, and then New Era switched to the synthetic material. It takes me three years to get a 5950 sufficiently worn in, so I'm forced to use a flat-ish bill cap for 12-18 months.

Comment

I only wear a hat when I’m outside in the sun for a while. And I only wear one because my hair is thin enough on top that my scalp will get sunburnt without it.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X