Church Announces "Roll Your Own" Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    There are a good number of BSA scout camps in and around the DFW area that are pretty nice thanks to large donors like Ross Perot and such. Those will be going away and the youth won't have access to them any more. The camp the girls go to up in Oklahoma doesn't have near the "toys" and related facilities (e.g., sail boats, shooting ranges, etc). It is totally not even close to the LDS girls camp up in Heber City. Therefore, when the LDS church pulls out of the BSA I assume we will be losing access to a lot of good camp facilities and equipment. So I assume that for all practical purposes summer camp will be going away for the LDS kids around here unless they want to go camp in a van down by river and shoot cans with a BB gun or something...

You say that like it is a bad thing.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      You say that like it is a bad thing.
      No, there is nothing wrong with living in a van down by the river... I actually did that for a while when I was between places as a student at BYU.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hey, you should get your college to create camps for all these displaced LDS kids so they have something to do during the summer months!
        Too many anti-vaxxers.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Im sure someone knows the answer, and has an explanation for the difference. Is the correct term "crank" or "prank". I've heard, and used both, somewhat interchangeably.
          https://grammarist.com/usage/prank-call-or-crank-call/

A prank call is when someone calls a telephone line for the sole purpose of playing a prank or joke on the receiving end. The call is supposed to be anonymous and seen as funny for the prankster and slightly annoying for the user. Oftentimes it is associated with children or immature behavior.

The person making the telephone call is a prank caller.

A crank call is another name for prank call, though some make a differentiation between the two by saying a crank call is the name for a prank call made by someone who should know better.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

The program sounds pretty much exactly as both the teachers and priests quorums were operating before. At least leaders can now not feel guilty for not trying to do scout stuff or skip roundtable.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

With scout camp going away I guess I'll just send my young son to programming camp that the local university (UT-D) does in the summers.
              UT? Pffft. Send him to Harvard instead.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
              X