X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple Square renovation

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/artic...ple-renovation

Four years worth.

It is a beautiful building, I am glad they are spending the money to safeguard it.

So do the stripling warriors who protect it get a four year vacation or do they get assigned to other places?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
      It is a beautiful building, I am glad they are spending the money to safeguard it.

So do the stripling warriors who protect it get a four year vacation or do they get assigned to other places?
      Since sister missionaries will continue to serve there so i'd guess they'll continue and maybe even double up shifts as stripling firefighters.

Comment

Somebody's got to keep fire from breaking out.
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

It's a temple rectangle now, has been for years.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Wait. When did they leave their post at the MTC?!?
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Wait. When did they leave their post at the MTC?!?
              Shortly after they left their post at the Provo Tabernacle.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Will they be closing down Temple Square during the renovation? I need to know if I need to eliminate it from the potential places for Pokemon Go community days.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Shortly after they left their post at the Provo Tabernacle.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    Will they be closing down Temple Square during the renovation? I need to know if I need to eliminate it from the potential places for Pokemon Go community days.
                    Aren't you on "don't allow on the grounds" list already?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Qualtrics guy was on the front row last night and it got me thinking, maybe he paid his tithing and the church was suddenly flush with cash and this temple square renovation took priority. Can you imagine what the open house is going to be like.

Comment

There are going to be a bunch of girls that have been dreaming about being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple...that are going to be crushed. 4 years is a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          There are going to be a bunch of girls that have been dreaming about being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple...that are going to be crushed. 4 years is a long time.
                          Ha, that is funny, but very true.

That is where my wife and I were sealed, but it was also her temple district, so we were supposed to be there.

Comment

The Provo City Center temple is going to be one busy place on a Saturday. Maybe Rome will turn into that place where girls will dream of being sealed and they can burn through a little more of Daddy's money.

Comment

With all the temples these days maybe this will start the trend of destination sealings for couples.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X