Thread: Temple Square renovation

Default Temple Square renovation

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

It is a beautiful building, I am glad they are spending the money to safeguard it.

So do the stripling warriors who protect it get a four year vacation or do they get assigned to other places?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    It is a beautiful building, I am glad they are spending the money to safeguard it.

So do the stripling warriors who protect it get a four year vacation or do they get assigned to other places?
    Since sister missionaries will continue to serve there so i'd guess they'll continue and maybe even double up shifts as stripling firefighters.

Somebody's got to keep fire from breaking out.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

It's a temple rectangle now, has been for years.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Wait. When did they leave their post at the MTC?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Wait. When did they leave their post at the MTC?!?
    Shortly after they left their post at the Provo Tabernacle.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Will they be closing down Temple Square during the renovation? I need to know if I need to eliminate it from the potential places for Pokemon Go community days.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Shortly after they left their post at the Provo Tabernacle.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Will they be closing down Temple Square during the renovation? I need to know if I need to eliminate it from the potential places for Pokemon Go community days.
    Aren't you on "don't allow on the grounds" list already?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The Qualtrics guy was on the front row last night and it got me thinking, maybe he paid his tithing and the church was suddenly flush with cash and this temple square renovation took priority. Can you imagine what the open house is going to be like.

There are going to be a bunch of girls that have been dreaming about being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple...that are going to be crushed. 4 years is a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    There are going to be a bunch of girls that have been dreaming about being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple...that are going to be crushed. 4 years is a long time.
    Ha, that is funny, but very true.

That is where my wife and I were sealed, but it was also her temple district, so we were supposed to be there.

The Provo City Center temple is going to be one busy place on a Saturday. Maybe Rome will turn into that place where girls will dream of being sealed and they can burn through a little more of Daddy's money.

With all the temples these days maybe this will start the trend of destination sealings for couples.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Aren't you on "don't allow on the grounds" list already?
    I dress in a full Pikachu costume on community days, so they will have no clue it is me. It is frankly quite hot in the summer.

since I know this is the follow-up question, it is regular Pikachu, not shiny Pikachu.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

I dress in a full Pikachu costume on community days, so they will have no clue it is me. It is frankly quite hot in the summer.

since I know this is the follow-up question, it is regular Pikachu, not shiny Pikachu.
    Seriously?

EDIT: Pics or it doesn't happen
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Seriously?

EDIT: Pics or it doesn't happen
    s-l1600.jpg

It is quite difficult catching Pokemon in this costume.
    --SeattleUte

Haha! Awesome.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I call BS. Those aren't the Chinese chars for TCOJCOLDS, so it can't be funk.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I call BS. Those aren't the Chinese chars for TCOJCOLDS, so it can't be funk.
    How else can you get a picture of a Pikachu costume other than personally having someone take it. It isn't like you could google image search "Inflatable Pikachu Costume" and acquire a picture from the internet to post.
    --SeattleUte

Princeps Inter Pares

s-l1600.jpg

It is quite difficult catching Pokemon in this costume.
    Um, Funk? You look a little, well, excited to be in that costume.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Um, Funk? You look a little, well, excited to be in that costume.
    Thanks for noticing.