• Show
Clear All

• Red Pill Discussions

If only satire was still possible:

https://www.theonion.com/women-now-e...oes-1819566746
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Study: Fox News is obsessed with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ez/3466493002/

A study found that the New York City Democrat was mentioned 3,181 times on Fox News Channel and its sister Fox Business Network during the six-week period of Feb. 25 to April 7, or just under 76 times a day. Not a day went by when she wasn't spoken about on Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]
      Ha. Is that supposed to be surprising somehow? She is the new face of the loony left. Of course they are going to run with that.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR]
        For me, a bigger issue is how news channels cover almost anything with a gossipy, celebrity lens. They aren't too interested in finding solutions to large, long-term problems either.

AOC is just the latest in a long line of "personalities" that commentators obsess about.
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Ha. Is that supposed to be surprising somehow? She is the new face of the loony left. Of course they are going to run with that.
          Is she any more "loony" than Bernie Sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            My guy reaction is yes.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes. Substantially. She complains about not being taken seriously while she is live casting herself munch dinner sitting on her kitchen floor. She also thinks it is reasonable for the entire US economy to forego ALL fossil fuels within 10 years. Bernie wont endorse that idea. He might be a misguided loudmouth who only knows how to spend money someone else made but even he knows an idiotic idea when he sees it.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                For me, a bigger issue is how news channels cover almost anything with a gossipy, celebrity lens. They aren't too interested in finding solutions to large, long-term problems either.

AOC is just the latest in a long line of "personalities" that commentators obsess about.
                Agree fully on both counts.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

No, but she is much better looking. Her looks are a part of why there is such an obsession.

And as for looney: where I live, Sanders qualifies as a moderate conservative. She is definitely left of him and would be considered a liberal. In case you didn’t know they are currently in power here and their carbon tax just took effect raising gas prices. Two weeks ago I was paying $1 a litre, now there are line ups to get it at a $1.16

Comment

They are both loony... But, currently, Bernie is the Dem's best chance on beating Drumpf.

Bernie Sanders has emerged as the Donald Trump of the left

In politics, as in physics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Hence, Sen. Bernie Sanders’s emergence as the Donald Trump of the left.

Fundraising and polls show that many Democrats think the best answer to an angry old white guy with crazy hair, New York accent and flair for demagoguery is, well, another angry old white guy with crazy hair, New York accent and flair for demagoguery. It’s not difficult to picture a scenario in which Bernie captures the Democratic presidential nomination with the same formula that worked for Trump with Republicans in 2016.
                    [...]
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.b88f71bd36af

Donald Trump of the left... that has a nice ring to it.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lol, Bernie isn't center right in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        Lol, Bernie isn't center right in Canada.
                        He wouldn't make a very good liberal. His views overall are more consistent with a moderate conservative. How do I know, I married into a family of them.

Comment

WTF... Cher hates brown people now:

D4Jze15WwAMjUv5.jpg-large.jpg
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

He wouldn't make a very good liberal. His views overall are more consistent with a moderate conservative. How do I know, I married into a family of them.
                              I am calling BS. Unless you find the political climate of Vancouver Island or Montreal moderate, there is no way Sanders would be mainstream conservative up there. He would either live uneasily with the Liberals, or be at home with the NDP.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                              X