Thread: Another boring Stanley Cup Playoffs

Default Another boring Stanley Cup Playoffs

No Blackhawks = boring playoffs. It is just the truth.

Anyway, here is priority for last to first that you should be rooting for in the Stanley Cup Playoffs

16. Tie - Sharks, Isles, and Blue Jackets. These 3 teams at one point employed that piece of human garbage, Raffi Torres. The franchises all deserve a pox on them for time and all eternity.
    13. Lightning. Yzerman is done, but the team was put together primary by that Red Wing bastard. Bad things should happen to them because of this.
    12. Bruins. Boston fans are the absolute worst fans in sports. Plus, Gordon Hayward would probably like them to win it. All this means that the Bruins must be shunned.
    11. Predators. if you have to start campaigns to keep Blackhawks fans out of your arena, you deserve to never have success. The franchise is an embarrassment.
    10. Blues. Secondary rival of the Blackhawks. They deserve bad things to happen to them.
    9. Penguins. Beat the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals. They deserve bad things to happen to them.
    8. Avs. A bunch of Roy lovers that deserve to have Jeremy Roenick shove Stanley Cup rings up their asses.
    7. Habs. More Roy lovers.
    6. Tie - Maple Leafs and Flames. They are in this position because they are Canadian teams and it is funny that Canadian teams can't win the Stanley Cup
    4. Stars. Texas is a horrible place. Bad things should happen to Texas.
    3. Knights. Vegas doesn't deserve a good team this early. Also, falafel is a fan which makes them evil.
    2. Caps. An acceptable team to root for. I don't have anything really negative to say about them right now.
    1. Hurricanes. The team that everyone should be rooting for based on the very really possibility that Don Cherry's head will explode on live TV if the Canes do a post Stanley Cup victory Storm Surge. Root for the bunch of jerks.

Get this damn playoffs over with so we can get to the offseason.
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 04-10-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

The Canes have the third highest Corsi for and the highest Corsi% Not a bad bet to win it all.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    The Canes have the third highest CORSI for and the highest CORSI% Not a bad bet to win it all.
    Betting on teams with great puck possession is never a bad choice.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Though I'm a Habs fan, I'm not counting on them doing anything in the playoffs.

The Jets are probably being overlooked though.
    Last edited by beefytee; 04-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Though I'm a Habs fan, I'm not counting on them doing anything in the playoffs.

The Jets are probably being overlooked though.
    I would like to blame that mishap on being mildly intoxicated. I cannot. All Canadian teams are basically the same anyway.
    --SeattleUte

It's that time of year I actually pay attention to the Islanders...oh look they are up 3-0 in the first round.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    It's that time of year I actually pay attention to the Islanders...oh look they are up 3-0 in the first round.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Every victory for a former employer of Raffi Torres is a loss for humankind.
    --SeattleUte

LOL @ the Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    LOL @ the Lightning.
    Curse of the Presidentís trophy. Rarely does the team with the most points in the regular season win the Stanley Cup. Itís just how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curse of the President’s trophy. Rarely does the team with the most points in the regular season win the Stanley Cup. It’s just how it is.

The Lightning going out in the first sound is stunning. Just a huge upset. I don't understand how that team can't put it together to win a cup.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    The Lightning going out in the first sound is stunning. Just a huge upset. I don't understand how that team can't put it together to win a cup.
    During the regular season TB was 11th CORSI for and 10th CORSI %. Mitigating their only slightly above average puck possession during the regular season was their incredible special teams. They were number one in power play % and in penalty kill %. During the post season their special teams when to shit. They only killed off 50% of penalties and converted on only 16.7% of their power plays, which is atrocious.

During the regular season TB was 11th CORSI for and 10th CORSI %. Mitigating their only slightly above average puck possession during the regular season was their incredible special teams. They were number one in power play % and in penalty kill %. During the post season their special teams when to shit. They only killed off 50% of penalties and converted on only 16.7% of their power plays, which is atrocious.
    I hadn't looked at the CORSI% for them, but there is the answer and I retract that it was a stunning upset. If you are mid-level puck possession that doesn't make a you a great team. I know the Lightning teams of the past for excellent puck possession teams. Also looking at more, the Lightning were first in PDO in the NHL at 103.8, almost 2 points behind second place. So the Lightning clearly had a lot of luck during the regular season.
    --SeattleUte

Yep

You're missing some really good games.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    You're missing some really good games.
    Who is? I have been watching hockey pretty much every night.m even though my Blackhawks are not in it. Playoff hockey is the best.

Pre-Historic Man

Who is? I have been watching hockey pretty much every night.m even though my Blackhawks are not in it. Playoff hockey is the best.

I love playoff hockey. I tune in at this time of the season except for an occasional Knights or Sharks game during regular season.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Pre-Historic Man

Where is a good site to find these stats?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Where is a good site to find these stats?
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...pbp_finder.cgi

I actually like to search the stats using 5-on-5 Close as the situation.
    --SeattleUte

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...pbp_finder.cgi

I actually like to search the stats using 5-on-5 Close as the situation.
    Gotta learn how to read Hockey stats. I've always just watched for enjoyment.

What does this mean for the Knights?

Share & more

Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    Corsi (SH) Fenwick (SH) PDO (SH) Zone Starts (SH)
    Rk Tm Season CF CA CF% FF FA FF% oiSH% oiSV% PDO oZS% dZS% FOW FOL FO% HIT BLK
    1 VEG 2018-19 134 601 18.2 122 454 21.2 11.3 86.9 98.2 7.1 92.9 211 201 51.2 65 147

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Gotta learn how to read Hockey stats. I've always just watched for enjoyment.

What does this mean for the Knights?
    The Knights are a good puck possession team. Good puck possession teams are the teams that generally win the Stanley Cup. Despite the Blackhawks having a great record in 2017, the puck possession numbers were ugly and the flame out in the playoffs was expected.

3rd in CORSI% 5on5 Close.
    2nd in FF% 5on5 Close
    PDO is at 26th in the league. That is actually a good sign to be near the bottom of the league in PDO. It demonstrates that the team has been less luck dependent.

While the Knights have great puck possession, San Jose is above them.
    --SeattleUte

That Jets / Blues game last night was bananas. Winnipeg scores 14s in to start the game then adds a second goal not long thereafter. The home Canadian crowd is going bonkers. The rest of the 1st and the entire 2nd play out scoreless. The Blues get 3 in the third, including the game winner with 30s left. Canadians then drove home in their square-wheeled vehicles, opened their boxes of faith and ate their Kraft dinner, and commiserated at the tree in Edmonton. The road team has won every game in this 3-2 series.
    Last edited by HBCoug; Today at 11:44 AM.