Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Pope is the new BYU men's basketball coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    BYU apparently isn't even on his list:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...Fid%3D21563936

You think it's because Goatnapper thinks he should transfer to BYU to come off the bench?
    A rumor from another site is that he just didn't like his time at BYU, but it was the school and not Rose that he had a problem with. Oh well. I hope he finds a good fit somewhere if he leaves UVU. I'd be happy with him going to anywhere on that list other than Utah State.

Comment

ESPN ranks Toolson as the #27 grad transfer available.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...019-20-2020-21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Well what do you know.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Well what do you know.
            I hope he can get into a graduate program.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Well what do you know.
              Take that Duke and Virginia!!

Comment

Well what do you know.
                Well, we know the rumors about him never going back to BYU because he hates it were probably wrong -- maybe started by some random ute fan out there wanting to stir up trouble or something.

Or he had a sudden change of heart which would also be just fine.
                Last edited by BlueK; 04-24-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  I hope he can get into a graduate program.
                  I understand the hangup with the football grad transfer is not BYU, but it's actually the NCAA rules that say you have to transfer into a program not offered by your current school. That requirement can be waived for those who haven't transferred once already, but he doesn't qualify for that since he already transferred before. Someone on a different board found the rule and posted it. Coming from a school like the U of South Carolina would seem to make that a harder task.

But for Toolson it probably isn't going to be hard to find a grad program at BYU that UVU doesn't have.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 04-24-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    I understand the hangup with the football grad transfer is not BYU, but it's actually the NCAA rules that say you have to transfer into a program not offered by your current school. That requirement can be waived for those who haven't transferred once already, but he doesn't qualify for that since he already transferred before. Someone on a different board found the rule and posted it. Coming from a school like the U of South Carolina would seem to make that a harder task.

But for Toolson it probably isn't going to be hard to find a grad program at BYU that UVU doesn't have.
                    I was curious and looked it up, but UVU offers graduate degrees in business, accounting, education, nursing, computer science and social work.

Comment

I was curious and looked it up, but UVU offers graduate degrees in business, accounting, education, nursing, computer science and social work.
                      So much for his plan to go into nursing.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        So much for his plan to go into nursing.
                        well, maybe when he's done playing he can switch his major. :-)

Comment

well, maybe when he's done playing he can switch his major. :-)
                          So, who starts and who sits ... or maybe we should be asking: who transfers out?

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                            So, who starts and who sits ... or maybe we should be asking: who transfers out?
                            I would think anyone who wanted to transfer would have announced by now.

Comment

Well, good thing we have a Master's in Mormon Studies!!!!
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Yes, because we all know that the SEC is an academic powerhouse.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X