Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Pope is the new BYU men's basketball coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope doesn't deal in "realistic" expectations. He also wants the team to be "relentless" and "together."

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      I don't believe BYU could have done better so it makes sense. Next year should be a rough year with how empty the cupboard is.
      A truly empty cubpboard was what Steve Cleveland started with.

The talent hasn't been stellar lately, but it's not the reason we didn't show up to play Weber State, or drop late leads against Illinois State or UNLV or USF at home. Those were all losses there was really no excuse for. The talent isn't stellar but mentally the team has been in a strange funk for the last couple of years. I don't directly blame Rose, but something about his last few years was different in terms of attitude and toughness than his teams always played like between 2006 until roughly until the Carlino years. I like what I heard from Coach Pope. I think he will get more out of what is there until he can raise the level of talent.
      Last edited by BlueK; 04-11-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        A truly empty cubpboard was what Steve Cleveland had.
        First call Pope makes should be to Yo.
        *Banned*

Comment

Toolson is in the transfer portal:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...or-season.html

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            First call Pope makes should be to Yo.
            I feel like Yo has been gone for about 2 months. He was already a lot about himself this year and then he got really selfish down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
              I feel like Yo has been gone for about 2 months. He was already a lot about himself this year and then he got really selfish down the stretch.
              Still wouldn't hurt for Pope to try and do a sales job here

Comment

Mark Madsen to UVU.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Mark Madsen to UVU.
                  Nice. We’ll get an up close look at whether Madsen is a viable option when Pope dominates and moves on for greener pastures in a few years.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Nice. We’ll get an up close look at whether Madsen is a viable option when Pope dominates and moves on for greener pastures in a few years.
                    Yep. I like this move a lot.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Still wouldn't hurt for Pope to try and do a sales job here
                      I think the best thing he can do for next year is start player development for Baxter. The best thing total he can do for the Y is finish landing Madi Sissoko.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                        I think the best thing he can do for next year is start player development for Baxter. The best thing total he can do for the Y is finish landing Madi Sissoko.
                        What about the other big from UVU. The fellar with a girlie hair cut who has already played at 3-4 other teams. He started at Directional Michigan I think. Pick up him and Toolsen to fill up the roster with the losses of Yo, Rylan and Jashire. Make Nick be a walk on.

Start:
                        Wade
                        TJ
                        Toolsen/Harding (biggest story of sports redemption since Tiger)
                        Baxter
                        Other UVU transfer

Off Bench:
                        Harding/Toolsen
                        Nick
                        Seljaas
                        Knell
                        Da Silva/Nixon
                        Lee/Li(^2)
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          What about the other big from UVU. The fellar with a girlie hair cut who has already played at 3-4 other teams. He started at Directional Michigan I think. Pick up him and Toolsen to fill up the roster with the losses of Yo, Rylan and Jashire. Make Nick be a walk on.

Start:
                          Wade
                          TJ
                          Baxter
                          Other UVU transfer

Off Bench:
                          Harding/Toolsen
                          Nick
                          Seljaas
                          Knell
                          Da Silva/Nixon
                          Lee/Li(^2)
                          Thinking about it, I'm not convinced Toolsen ends up at BYU. He's a better fit at Utah if they have the good sense to go after him.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                            Thinking about it, I'm not convinced Toolsen ends up at BYU. He's a better fit at Utah if they have the good sense to go after him.
                            I don't think he goes to Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Start:
                              Wade
                              TJ
                              Baxter
                              Other UVU transfer

Off Bench:
                              Harding/Toolsen
                              Nick
                              Seljaas
                              Knell
                              Da Silva/Nixon
                              Lee/Li(^2)
                              There's some thinking Nick will xfer is he's a walkon this coming year. I hope that's not the case. The player you are talking about is Baylee Steele (a girlie name to go with the haircut). I have no idea if he would be able to be a graduate transfer or not.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                I don't think he goes to Utah.
                                BYU apparently isn't even on his list:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...Fid%3D21563936

You think it's because Goatnapper thinks he should transfer to BYU to come off the bench?
                                Last edited by tooblue; 04-16-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X