No announcement yet.

Post-Mueller investigation investigations and indictments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, this will make Trump pretty cranky.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

OH NOES MORE TRUMP BULLSHIT!
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        Oh no, this will make Trump pretty cranky.
        https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/polit...ion/index.html
        It's funny how yet another potential scandal declared by Trump, and bolstered by Fox commentators (e.g., the birther thing, millions of fraudulent votes, Benghazi, the Seth Rich murder, etc.), quietly fades away when Trump-directed investigations fail to provide any support for said scandals.

Tucker Carlson called it a "domestic spying operation" that was "hidden under the pretext of national security." Laura Ingraham characterized top Obama administration officials as having been "exposed." And Sean Hannity flatly declared it to be the "biggest abuse of power, corruption scandal" the country had ever seen.

That was back in May. This week, however, the conspiracy theory collapsed when The Washington Post reported that a Justice Department investigation into the supposed scandal quietly ended with no charges.

Comment

• The content for the Steele Dossier came from the Dems... most likely the Clinton campaign.

Indictment of Igor Danchenko Casts New Doubts on Sourcing of Steele Dossier
          Special counsel John Durham alleges key source lied to FBI about how he collected information about Trump and Russia, getting some of it from Democratic operative

An indictment returned in federal court on Thursday casts doubt on the sources of a series of salacious and largely discredited reports about former President Donald Trump and Russia that the FBI ultimately used in support of a counterintelligence investigation into his 2016 campaign and associates.
          A Russia analyst who served as a central source for a dossier of opposition research material about Mr. Trump compiled by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele was arrested and charged with lying to the FBI on Thursday, according to an indictment unsealed in Virginia federal court. He appeared before a judge on Thursday and was released on bond.

Russian-born Igor Danchenko was charged with five counts of making false statements to officials of the Federal Bureau of Investigation about the sources of the information he helped compile for Mr. Steele. As part of a counterintelligence probe into whether Mr. Trump or any of his associates had links to Russia, Mr. Danchenko sat for numerous interviews with FBI officials in 2017 as they tried to corroborate allegations made in the dossier.

The 39-page indictment also states that several key pieces of information in the dossier—purportedly a private intelligence product compiled by a retired British MI6 agent with deep ties to Eastern Europe—weren’t collected from Russia but were sourced to chatter and gossip circulating in American political circles.
          [...]
          https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-...er-11636040274
          https://apple.news/ACj_J32srS5u_TAg1rYrRiw
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X