X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Let the indictments continue...
    Sorry, this post should be here:

Be careful what you wish for Mr. Barr ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/o...ion=Editorials

Whatever comes of Mr. Barr’s review and the conspiracy theories that ensue, he would be wise to reflect on his own history with government surveillance that stretched the limits of the law. Just last month, Mr. Horowitz’s office concluded that the Justice Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration “failed to conduct a comprehensive legal analysis” when the two agencies undertook a secret surveillance program in the 1990s that swept up records of Americans’ phone calls — the kind of bulk collection that the National Security Agency later engaged in after 9/11.

The D.E.A. program dates back to 1992, when Mr. Barr first led the Justice Department under President George H.W. Bush. Relying on so-called administrative subpoenas, the D.E.A. would go on fishing expeditions, vacuuming up metadata from billions of phone calls to more than 100 countries, according to a 2015 USA Today investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      Sorry, this post should be here:

Be careful what you wish for Mr. Barr ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/o...ion=Editorials
      What a weird editorial.

Collecting metadata isn’t the same thing at all as the FBI spying on a presidential candidate.

That is a totally loose association that you expect from a crackpot, not the NYT. Trump derangement syndrome!

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        What a weird editorial.

Collecting metadata isn’t the same thing at all as the FBI spying on a presidential candidate.

That is a totally loose association that you expect from a crackpot, not the NYT. Trump derangement syndrome!
        Are you being obtuse or do you really not know what metadata is? As a Cardiologist (assumption based on your board name) metadata is kind of important to you and your ability to diagnose a patient. If you need further explanations I guarantee Ted, based upon his purported profession, can tell you everything anyone could ever want to know about metadata.

And, by way of loose association, you and I are producing metadata right now by posting on this message board—enough to give you pause if we really took the time to think about it. Here's an article on the subject:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...than-you-think

Comment

Oh brother.

Collecting metadata isn’t the same thing at all as targeted spying on a presidential candidate from the opposite political party. Implying in an editorial that they are similar and that Barr should “reflect” on his own actions is ridiculous.

Comment

Oh brother.

Collecting metadata isn’t the same thing at all as targeted spying on a presidential candidate from the opposite political party. Implying in an editorial that they are similar and that Barr should “reflect” on his own actions is ridiculous.
            The NSA didn't just collect the data ... lol ... so you are telling me you order an echocardiogram but don't analyze the data it produces and act on that data?

Comment

The NSA didn't just collect the data ... lol ... so you are telling me you order an echocardiogram but don't analyze the data it produces and act on that data?
              The overriding point is a William Barr led justice department violated the fourth amendment by spying on Americans.

Comment

Can’t wait to see the evidence and interacted Mueller report. I’m sure Barr isn’t turning out to be a hack job.

Comment

The overriding point is a William Barr led justice department violated the fourth amendment by spying on Americans.
                  OMG!... Are you saying Barr was spying doing unauthorized surveillance on Bill Clinton for the GOP'ers? Who did the GOP'ers blame it on?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Can’t wait to see the evidence and interacted Mueller report. I’m sure Barr isn’t turning out to be a hack job.
                    Yeah, me too! Rod Rosenstein says it is going to be good.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

OMG!... Are you saying Barr was spying doing unauthorized surveillance on Bill Clinton for the GOP'ers? Who did the GOP'ers blame it on?
                      Let's try this again ...

wbarr.jpg

Comment

wbarr2.jpg

Comment

Let's try this again ...
                          Wait... Who was president from 1993 to 2001 (while this was going on) again?

And he just let this happen or was he too busy with young interns in the Oval office?

The article you linked (and the articles it links) says this program was going on from 1992 to 2013.

The Justice Department kept a separate, giant database on U.S. calls to and from other countries for years to assist in conducting narcotics investigations before the program was suspended in 2013, according to court records and a Justice official.
                          Wait, does the 4th even apply to calls going to other countries and to metadata? If so, let's get the ACLU blow up that so called Patriot Act!! Haven't they taken this to the Supreme Court and won yet?
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wait... Who was president from 1993 to 2001 (while this was going on) again?

And he just let this happen or was he too busy with young interns in the Oval office?

The article you linked (and the articles it links) says this program was going on from 1992 to 2013.

Wait, does the 4th even apply to calls going to other countries and to metadata? If so, let's get the ACLU blow up that so called Patriot Act!! Haven't they taken this to the Supreme Court and won yet?
                            https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

wbarr3.jpg

Comment

Oh brother.

+1

The Left is taking a page out of Trump's playbook. Tell lies an alternative narrative long enough in hopes that people will believe those lies that alternative narrative.

So that's great. We're getting to a point that we can't even talk about issues honestly. Both extremes parrot and perpetuate lies. It's always been this way to the extent that we see things differently. Spin and propaganda have been around for quite some time. But now we've gotten to a point that we won't even discuss the issues honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                +1

The Left is taking a page out of Trump's playbook. Tell lies an alternative narrative long enough in hopes that people will believe those lies that alternative narrative.

So that's great. We're getting to a point that we can't even talk about issues honestly. Both extremes parrot and perpetuate lies. It's always been this way to the extent that we see things differently. Spin and propaganda have been around for quite some time. But now we've gotten to a point that we won't even discuss the issues honestly.
                                As I said, careful what you wish for. If anybody knows where the dead bodies are buried it's Willy Barr!

Comment

Working...
                                X